Hot Rod Forum banner

Plastics and Heater

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SDUNK 
#1 ·
I have a couple of questions. Is there any way to re chrome the trim on the door panels and console? Maybe some close metalic paints or some dip Idk.
Next question: I am missing most of my heater parts. I recently bought the big bos that houses the core and I have some hoses that run to the vents. How to they attach to the box? am I missing a bracket something because I can't see how they attach without one. If so I have hunted for it but can not find it. Any help?
Next Question: I can't get the back of the back seat out and I don't know how it connects it is ticking me off? Some attachments somewhere like on bottom? Location?

#3 ·
SDUNK said:
Next Question: I can't get the back of the back seat out and I don't know how it connects it is ticking me off? Some attachments somewhere like on bottom? Location?
You have to push the rear seat bottom straight back to release it from the brackets that hold it in place, and then lift up. Once the seat bottom is out, there will be about three screws holding the bottom of the seat back in place. Once those are out the set back lifts straight up and off the brackets that hold the top.

I don't know of anything that will re-chrome your trim pieces other than taking them to be re-chromed.

The heater questions should be posted in General Rodding Tech, and please state what year make and model car you have when you do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.