playing tricks on my friends :) - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 02:46 PM
70 El Camino aka FRANKENSTEIN

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

playing tricks on my friends :)

well i have a 70 elky with shaved door handles. when i first did them about 6months ago (idk exact date). anyway. . . when i first did them i played a joke on my dad one day. i brought him out saying hey dad im all done check it out. pop the doors open i let him in and close the door. well he was looking at the door panels i made out of sheet metal all smooth just the window crank. and he said ok cool how do i get out . i just looked at him with a worried look on my face and went oops!!! i forgot the inside handle!!! him not thinking very clearly said well how in the he** do you get out then??? i told him idk just crawl out the window and ill figure it out. of course he starts to crawl out and i just start laughing my butt off!!! he stops trying to get out and just keeps asking what what what! whats so funny lol. i respond with the click of a button on my key chain . he just sat there laughing

then i took my car over to a friends house where the entire crew was hanging out. they we all excited and everything for me because it was something i really wanted and i did it all myself no help and crappy instructions lol. well one of my friends popped off saying how do you lock it??? i started freaking out say ah crap dude how do i lock it anyone can steal my car now! he started thinking of ways to lock it and i popped the door open told him to sit down i closed the door told him if you can get out without going through the window ill give you my car! he was trying so hard to figure it out then i told the whole crew to figure out how to get into my car without going through the windows. they all first said open the hood and hot wire the poppers to open. well the hood has 4 locks . i popped the door and they were all still saying that someone could get into my car even after they failed getting into my car lol. i had to break it down to them they only way in and out is with a little button on my key chain! the best part of the whole time they are trying to get into my car is i was sitting on the porch drinking a nice tall cold glass of watter laughing my butt off .

its amazing that ppl get so used to the norm of locking the doors and using a handle to get in and out that they think its a need and no other way.

well the one joke i still get my friends and family with is that when we are walking back to my car from where ever i pop the passenger door open b4 they see it. when we get to my car we both see the door open i say to them hey you left my door open. they start saying sorry i didnt know i thought i closed it. well i dont always get them with that one but once in awhile when they arent firing on all 8 cylinders i get them lol.

last joke is my favorite. . . anytime im walking to my car in the parking lot and someone is near my car to where they will notice the car doors i pop them open lol . its so funny to see there reaction! most of the ppl "examine" my car to see if someone is in it. but one time and ill never forget it lol (i have a smile on my face just thinking about it) is when 2 little kids maybe 5 or 6 where near my car and my buddys truck (which has remote start and deep tone exhaust note). they were waiting for there mom to load the car with the bags and i open my doors the kids freak out and run on the other side of there moms car. my buddys truck is parked on the other side where the kids ran to lol and my buddy starts his truck the kids run to there mom and the mom is laughing but trying not to because the kids are scared. we walk up and the mom sees us she looks at us with a big smile we both laugh and she says thanks for the story of the "cars that are alive" lol it was so funny ill never forget that

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

You really should have another way of opening the door from the inside, for safety´s sake.
I´ve never heard of "popping" the door from the inside as well.

I left my inner door handles alone when I shaved the outers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.