Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - please critique cam choice
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:07 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm not running mud bogs, 3.08 gears is what killed your ability to use the high RPM power, and people said the same damn thing when I put a 11.5:1 a 2.5L with a 232/235 cam in the first s10, which was one hell of a blast to drive.

I'm not saying this will be a torque monster, it won't be. But it will be plenty streetable, pull above 2500 like a freight train and be more than enough to get my truck through anything.

Also, because of the changes in the automotive world I am slow to take anyones years in the bussiness as evidence- recent build in the past 10 years sure, but more often than not, old timers (which Im' not saying you are) have clouded judgement of what is and is not possible because 20 years ago things weren't possible that are today. As such I follow the numbers on most aspects of engine building. Numbers never lie, nor are they opinionated.

calculate the DCR adn the effective displacement on the engine I'm building adn you'll see that even with the big cam the low end stomps the 4.3L which came in the truck along with 3.23 gears and a 700R4...