Hot Rod Forum banner

please help.. bondo got wet

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Halloweenking 
#1 ·
Please help... I was doing alot of bondo and fiberglass work on my rusted and dented areas and now it rained outside not that bad but still got the whole car wet and im scared if it penetrates into bondo and messes it up.. im in trouble?
please help.

#3 ·
Bondo is hydroscopic(it absorbs water). Bondo works better if applied over epoxy primer vs. bare steel, this is what PPG recommends.

If you primed the areas w/epoxy primer where the bondo was applied you should be fine, if you did not I would remove a small section of the bondo down to bare metal & see if there is any rust that has started. Also if you used bondo w/fiberglass in it(bondo glass) you should be fine.....Don

#5 ·
I'm not the best at anything, but I thank you for the kind remarks. I am here to help as much as I can. Don is right, but with just the light sprinkle that there was and at the rate of the chemical reaction (bondo heating up) and the sun you will be fine. Don is completely correct at any rate. I was just quicker on the draw this time.

Faust

[ August 04, 2002: Message edited by: Halloweenking ]</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.