Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - please...recommend tranny shop
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 06:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

please...recommend tranny shop

Please helpÖ.

The victim is a 94 Chevy Suburban, with 160,700 miles, 350 tbi, 4l60e and completely stock. Just picked it up about 2 months ago and surprise the tranny is gone. Since I plan on towing about 7000#, (a couple times per year) I was looking for a tranny that will hold up. Could you guys recommend an online store? I found Pro-Built Automatics online but donít know much about them.

Iíve never rebuilt a tranny before, but is it really difficult? Iíve rebuilt to small blocks in the past but was thinking that with both ATSG rebuild book and technical dvd, Iíll be able to rebuild it myself.

Or for you local guys, could you recommend a good transmission shop in south Florida, I prefer Dade or Broward County but willing to go to Palm Beach county if I have to.

So far Iíve been to 3 shops and Iím not impressed. 2 of them are asking $1000, the 3rd on wouldnít even tell me. I asked for a price on a complete rebuild and he tells meÖhe has to look at it first.

Thanks