Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pls critique my combo...need input
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
some intake gasket manufacturers include a cross over plug,use them.Its nice to find a flow bench and test the heads,do 1 port and retest to see if you are on the right direction.Also the guy with the bench can offer words of encouragement as well as direction. have fun,a little help is better than no help.With flow numbers you can better pick a camshaft
Yah, got all my gaskets today, there is a crossover restricter but it doesn't blokjck it completely....may find a piece of heavier guage tin, or the furnace stuff to plug it....as for porting, I borrowed a compressor, I have an air die grinder I can use, just need some cutting bits, i have little polishing brushes for my dremel and sanding bits as well, just need cutting bits for the die grinder, tryng to do this without spending a dime has been entertaining, heads are getting overnight flushed with clr to clean out the coolant passages, then brake clean, and tide, and a pressure washer, then a light roloc disk to "resurface" lol, then lap the valves, install springs and new seals and viola! Again, my soul intent here is to run down a buddies big dollar roller 355 in his regal using junk I had laying around, in a 750$ vette I pulled out of a feild....he bashes my sht all day...but his expensive junk is so mismatched it should be cake to beat him using the right combo of junk done smart....