Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pls critique my combo...need input
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Got my guages in today, got a small compressor and die grinder, and the porting kit, plus an additional carbide cutting bit with a 6" shank to reach in deeper, will likely dissasemble the heads tommorow and take a run at this! Picked up an L88 hood this week for nothing, so that will get done in satin black and hopefully put on tommorow...grand total invested so far is right around 2000$ and I have everything to assemble the motor next week. This includes the purchase price of the car, various autometer guages, Hurst shifter, TCI shift kit, complete gasket set, headers, dynomax race bullits, Qjet Carb spacer, ....used parts include 416 heads, the quad I'm currently running, or a edelbrock 750 I had left over and a perfomer intake off my Malibu wagon....I'm really hoping I can get this into the 13's with this set up.....but that might be a tad optimistic.....any predictions? Other then the standard " it will blow up" sarcasm?