Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodding Basics (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodding-basics/)
-   -   Plug Wire/Headers help (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/plug-wire-headers-help-228826.html)

fastnloud 01-25-2013 06:54 PM

Plug Wire/Headers help
 
I'm wondering what kind of plug wires/plug wire boots would be best to run with the type of headers that are on my truck, what would give the most clearance from the headers?

Here are some pics.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps26223827.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps1f13808a.jpg


Thanks guys.

vinniekq2 01-25-2013 07:27 PM

have you considered 90 degree short boots? Also consider running the wires under neath the headers

fastnloud 01-25-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1638776)
have you considered 90 degree short boots? Also consider running the wires under neath the headers

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I'm going to be buying all new plugs and wires, just stating that so people don't think I'm asking how to route those that are on it.

cdminter59 01-26-2013 01:37 AM

Plug Wire/Headers help
 
I have been using these wires on my big block 67 Camaro without any problems. MSD's 8.5mm Super Conductor Universal wire sets. These wires are cut to fit. You can also order assembled wire sets to fit specific vehicles.

delawarebill 01-26-2013 07:15 AM

wires
 
the plug boots look just like the one's on my '02 v8 chebby tk. they have a metal sleeve that slides on the boot to protect from heat..

fastnloud 01-26-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdminter59 (Post 1638833)
I have been using these wires on my big block 67 Camaro without any problems. MSD's 8.5mm Super Conductor Universal wire sets. These wires are cut to fit. You can also order assembled wire sets to fit specific vehicles.

Thanks for the info.


Quote:

Originally Posted by delawarebill (Post 1638859)
the plug boots look just like the one's on my '02 v8 chebby tk. they have a metal sleeve that slides on the boot to protect from heat..


Alright, which plug boots are you referring to that look like yours?

tnovot 01-26-2013 07:18 PM

You might want to look into a nice set of wire looms that fit along the lower edge of the valve covers in order to keep the wires away from the headers.
Terry

fastnloud 01-26-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnovot (Post 1639095)
You might want to look into a nice set of wire looms that fit along the lower edge of the valve covers in order to keep the wires away from the headers.
Terry

Alright thanks. Something like this?
MSD Pro-Clamp Wire Separators 8843 - SummitRacing.com

cdminter59 01-26-2013 10:19 PM

Plug Wire/Headers help
 
Wire looms like these are used to keep the wire off the headers. R&M Billet Wire Looms 1101P - SummitRacing.com

tnovot 01-27-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastnloud (Post 1639105)
Alright thanks. Something like this?
MSD Pro-Clamp Wire Separators 8843 - SummitRacing.com

Those are what I would call wire seperators. What I had in mind is more what cdminter59 pointed out. There are several different styles but all basically the same. They mount using the same bolts that hold down the valve covers.
Terry

fastnloud 01-27-2013 08:30 PM

^Alright, thanks.

Anyone know if these are good wires?
Taylor High Energy Spark Plug Wire Sets 60650 - SummitRacing.com

techinspector1 01-28-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinniekq2 (Post 1638776)
have you considered 90 degree short boots? Also consider running the wires under neath the headers

fastnloud, that's what went through my mind as soon as I read your post.

fastnloud 01-28-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techinspector1 (Post 1639613)
fastnloud, that's what went through my mind as soon as I read your post.

Alright thanks, I'm planning on buying wires with 90 degree boots, and then running them under the headers. Would it be best to just buy the wires that you can cut yourself, for my application?

techinspector1 01-28-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fastnloud (Post 1639855)
Alright thanks, I'm planning on buying wires with 90 degree boots, and then running them under the headers. Would it be best to just buy the wires that you can cut yourself, for my application?

Yeah, I like to do 'em myself.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.