Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - plugged vacuum modulator T-400
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:47 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

What kind of modifications need to be done to make this trans safer to drive EVERYDAY? If i would have had a rev limiter my motor would still be together right now instead of throwing a rod from downshifting going to fast..

The thing is, my speedo ended up being WAYY off and i was only spinning 2k coming off the highway. It didnt feel like i was going very fast but i threw it into second and it revved off the chart and threw that shizz lol... I feel like an idiot, I didnt even know what kind of th400 it was and the seller was in the dark as well. I only paid 400 for it and its a new rebuild with deep pan.

I would like to keep this as my DD trans if I can but im willing to make nessessary modifications for a more streetable trans.
Everything ive read makes me paranoid. Saying you need to be into the gas pedal throughout the shifts and no cruising in second and no shifting to first under 10mph and freespinning in 2nd and 3rd and broken sprags. What if im slowing down coming up to a red light and im coasting it in 2nd but then it turns green, can i just slam on the gas and go or is that going to break a sprag or something?