Hot Rod Forum banner

Plumbing a HYDRO BOOSTER and Fittings....

987 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DrChop 
#1 ·
On a power steering gear box the outlets are TWO different sizes.

Is the larger inlet the low pressure return line to the pump????

I am plumbing a Hydro Booster and this is what i gather to do...........

From the P/S pump High pressure out to Hydro Booster from the Hydro to the steering box high pressure side......

Low presure from the P/S pump to a "T" fitting and then a return line from the gear box and also a return line from the Hydro booster to the "T" fitting........

Thanks
Bg

#2 ·
That will work, on mine from a Caddy I have 2 return lines in the stock pump, but a T-fitting will also work OK.

Here's mine...

Note on mine the 2 black flex lines going from pump to hydro booster, you can easily make out which is pressure and which is hydro return. These are flex lines to allow for engine movement. Note also the 3/8" steel hardline that goes from the hydro unit, down along the firewall, and forward along the framerail to the P/S box. The return from the box to the pump is another flex line, again for engine movement. This one also has an inline fluid filter, stock on the Caddy hearse donor. Pressure side out on the Saginaw system is thru the large 1" nut thing on the rear of the pump. These are available in standard or O-ring style line fittings, and can be changed back and forth readily.

Very simple system to plumb.

Doc

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: DrChop ]

[ January 16, 2003: Message edited by: DrChop ]</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.