Hot Rod Forum banner

Polishing Plastic Gauge Faceplate

5K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  vorgath 
#1 ·
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with trying to polish the plastic clear face plate that goes over the gauges. These face plates tend to get very fine scratches and after 56 years in a car they become hazy. If you have had success with this please explain what you used and how you went about it.
Thanks

#2 ·
YesSir orM'am

this is the answer
http://www.flitz.com/products.html

go to products~application suggestion~before & after photos good poop been using all these products for years best thing is it cleans & protects like never dull on brass but wont smudge as bad (example)

SR66 :thumbup:

Attachments

#14 ·
:D Toothpaste .. now that brings back some memories, when one didn't have all the polishing products around, I was taught by my ma and grandma, use toothpaste to clean silverware.

It does really work, so yeah shoot for that, use some glaze after that and finish with hmmm wax or something cleaning wax maybe ?

I got an extra gauge cover myself, will try to remember to take some pics of the process

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.