Pontiac 350 - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

@69 widetrack

pretty much the same at my school. Auto shop and building trade guys all had jobs and were working right out of high school. Now all the popular kids are waiting tables or in jail. (ruff hood) I had to work on everything for myself my whole life must of had 20 go karts as a kid and never had any money for new motors or parts always had to fix it myself. Dad got me a deal on a motorcycle went to good will and ask how much one of the bikes they had would cost the guy said well about 130 bucks. He then asked how much for all guy said about 130 bucks so I got 14 motocycles for next to nothing and had to learn how to fix em myself to go ride. Had to cut a lot of grass in the hood to pay back the 130 bucks. back then you only got a few bucks a yard. Good will had a bike guy that quit so they just wanted the bike's gone no skinn off there back they got them for free. Nothing special. I mean now a 305 super hawk is cool but back then it was just a slow old bike. I must of had 10 honda CB's. Great way to learn and everyone has a good will they can go to near there house and hope to get lucky. It happend once i can assure you and they made money. Last time i went by Good will in md they had a 69 caddy hearse. 501 and casket rollers in place. I almost......

Sorry for the unrealted useless info.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Wouldn't say useless...only thing useless is something that doesn't make sense.

I know what you mean by working hard to get what you want...I started working for my father at a young age and believe me, he made sure I worked...I never got a break or got off easy because the boss was my father. I worked before and after school and weekends. When I was 16 I bought a 67 Firebird...cash. Work ethic is one of the things that I tried to instill in my kids...(I did buy each of them their first car, but never gas, insurance and repairs both my son and daughter worked beside me when I put the parts on the car that they paid for from the job that they had)...Funny you should mention...my kids never ended up in jail either...maybe there's something to this working for what you want and appreciating it more when you get it.

Ray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.