Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pontiac 400
Thread: Pontiac 400
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77pontolds View Post
I haven't had a chance to lean into it yet because of the snow, but I think it will be pretty impressive. It has 3.73 rear end gears, a 200-4R auto, and a 625 Carter AFB. I'm going to try out a 750 Demon to see if it makes any difference, since it would be a loaner to check out. More later, Next it goes to the body/paint shop for a freshen-up, and to get rid of the hail damage. Thanks, Uncle Rich
I used a set of headmen 3 tube headers for my stock engine and it was way more power than stock manifolds and a lot cheaper than four tubes. also its the most power for the buck with headers. cheap four tubes make less and expensive ones are just that expensive.

3 Tubes use the center pipe is larger and covers both center ports. Sounds like its going to be junk but works perfect for near stock builds. Or even ones with a few updates. It gives long tube power for cheap header prices. Headman also makes them to fit most cars. I did have to smack a dent in mine to make it fit but that was no big deal since it ran way better than the manifolds. They did rust up really fast. But for the price paint is not an issue.

Part number for headmans is 28140 they have them to fit most ponchos.