Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - pontiac 4x heads
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATECH View Post
I have been pretty relaxed with my build, time is no biggee. My Machinist is slammed right now. All his roundy round guys have there plants at his place getting freshened up, dynoed etc.
He has a 400 of mine there right now, I told him no rush. I have no place to store it soo...
My 389 (punched to 4.12 ) is at the shop, awaiting its final assembly.
I have a set of cabinets at the house to finish next week, and a couple engines to change before I can get back on it. But I will have it ready by spring for its home in the 64.
Yeah thats a nice guy. Local shops here charge if thing are left 5 days after being completed. They mostly focus on regular mechanic get it running again type work. They can cut a set of heads a few thu to get them servicable and make 150 bucks for ten minutes work and no complaints. Hot rod guys tend to be hard on the machine shop when they are paying a lot. So most wont even take the work in. Cant really blame then would you loose money to do performance work when you could cut flywheels and brake disc and be profitable with no complaints. Dealers also pay top dollar for fast turn around so realy no down time to speak of.