Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Pontiac engine question
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Pontiac engine question

Hiya, I have a 66 Catalina.It has the 389 2v engine.well recently I put on #62 heads w/ I beleive the 72 cc combustion chamber.Heres my ?.I know Pontiac used a basic flat top piston and would change compression with head swaps.Well does any body have a guess on what compression I have now,or how I may find out without tearing the motor back down?I know its up there cuz its got a bad case of the rattles if I dont burn premium,even when I back the timing down.plus the little extra power.
Also,What other header would fit this car?theyre a lil hard to come buy .Will like the Bonniville or the Tempest work?Im pretty sure the firebird wont fit.The steering box is behind the crossmember so theres a little snaking around to do.
One last thing.What other ball joints would fit this.The oem parts are outta hand expensive so there has to be like a chevy full size that would fit,right? I know its sorta a crazy car but Ive already muscled it.lol..Thank s folks!

Last edited by jeffs66; 01-20-2013 at 09:48 PM.