Hot Rod Forum banner

Pontiac Nationals - Anybody going?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  6567GTO 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Todd- Yup, that's the event! The one at Norwalk. If I find more links to the event I'll post them.

This will be the first time for me going but from what I understand there's supposed to be a pretty good size swap meet there too. There'll be about 800 Pontiacs divided between the show and the racing. It's supposed to be one heck of a show. The best one all year anywhere. It's turning into a 4 day event with a track rental on thursday by some Pontiac racers, and there are still some slots available. On Friday there's another track rental sponsored by Indian Adventures for a test and tune (open to eveyone), then the drag racing, car show and swap on saturday and sunday. I'm arriving on friday and leaving monday morning. You gotta go!

#6 ·
It was a blast guys. You should have gone. What a great track. Not sure how many Pontiacs were there but last year there was over 800 between the show and the drag racing. There may have been more this year. My car ran a best of 12.80 @ 107 mph. Not too bad. It still has more in her too. My Demon was giving me problems and I was still making adjustments and changes and was improving on every run. Got a great pic form the track photographer at the line with my left front wheel off the ground. :thumbup: That made the whole trip worth it right there.

#8 ·
Pontiac Nats.

I never made it, the wife and I headed east on our bikes and visited relatives. I have been trying to get the LeMans on the road but I keep having problems. The other day I went out to start it and it started blowing a fuse every time I turn the ignition switch to start????? Before that a starter went bad, the the carb leaking gas all over the intake, the brakes and shockes and exhaust and radiator overflowing and..............ect!! This is just a driver to me, a southern car, excelent body but was stripped out before I got it and raced for years then parked. I bought it, got it rolling and dropped in a 400 engine from a TA and seats out of and Olds. No door panels or head liner or carpeting. My son installed and aluminuzed exhaust a guy pulled of his 69 Chevelle and I bought shocks on sale at Murreys!! Wait, I think another brake line just broke????? I'm looking for another project is anyone interested in buying this one??

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.