Hot Rod Forum banner

PONTIAC ROLLER ROCKER/CAM 455 VALVE ADJUSTING

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  trannsientorca 
#1 ·
i just put together a 455 for a friend and i wanted to know if ther was any special adjusting procedure for roller rockers, i cant quite get the lifter to shut up and a few of the nuts keep backing off(are roller rockers supused to be noisy?)
ther is plenty of troom for adjustment on the rockers , so that rules out the wrong push rods and ther is plenty of oil spittin out the pushrod tips so i dont think its a collapsed lifter problem (maybe im wrong?)
any help on this problem would be much apreciated!

#2 ·
you didn't use regular rocker nuts did you? you have to use positive locking rocker nuts (Poly locks) for those rollers, they are pontiac rollers? i ask because some people try to run small block rockers and they won,t work. are your rockers hitting on the spring retainers? is the pushrod length correct? what springs are on it? are you bending pushrods?

#3 ·
yes they are pontiac (all valve train is from comp cams) and i have checked all lengths and clearences, but i am not useing poly locks
ill go get um today! ............ty
anything else on this subject would be nice.....i always love to hear anything i can about techniques and tips

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.