Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Port CFM vs. Valve Size vs. Port Velocity...Data WANTED!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 06:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevinpointsixtoone
... I would rather use them but am open to making a swap if it just don't make sense. You folks are helping me to find the upside and downside of all my options....just what I was hoping for!
I would need to send these out for porting (if it goes that way). Can anyone reccomend someone who would know what to do to these heads? For a fair price? $400-$500 would be fine...
Personally I'd follow curtis73 recommendations, spend your money on a set of heads with a better approach to the valve. The extra cubic inches of the 383 will love the increased flow potential.

If you’re really determined to stick with these heads go for it. Plenty people still run them. Your desired 500 HP will be more difficult to find but still with in reach. If you decide to spend the bucks on porting make sure you go with some one that knows what they are doing, plenty can go wrong when dealing with the wrong person.