Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Porter Cable cordless drill - now junk
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
I knew DeWalt was owned by B&D, but to be honest with you my DeWalt 18V cordless drill has been amazing. It has been dropped on concrete from the top of a ten foot ladder more times than I care to think about and is still going strong. I have zero respect for anything made by B&D because just about everything I own that is B&D is junk.

Vince
I've used (and abused) older DeWalts while building scenery for a theater that I do some volunteer work for - and they do work nicely - as long as you have the pro level version. The owner has a couple of newer and lesser copies - and they ain't the same!!! I also did some political campaign work last fall and against my advice they bought a couple of B-D Firestorm 18v cordless drills - what junk!! They didn't have even the power of my 12v P-C that had my lower capacity rebuilt battery pack (if anyone recalls my post of last fall about doing that little deed - and that's the battery I was using when it died today)

Dave W