Hot Rod Forum banner

porto power

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  timothale 
#1 ·
OK so one of the best tools in my arsenal is my porto power, awhile back I had a roof that literally had a tree fall on it I thought we were gonna have to cut a section out&scab in a section from a donor. But to my surprise &this being an old vw bus I was able to add up a bunch of pieces & it popped out like it had never been there. One of the problems that I have is sometimes I need to I have something that I can brace the back of it with to push off of.My grandfather used to use our left but unfortunately I had to get rid of it a few years back so I cannot use that obviously. I thought about getting a small piece of I beam & Bolton it to the shop floor but the problem with that is I might not need it always in the same place does anyone have any ideas? I've also thought about just put in numerous bolt holes and different places around the shop any ideas?

#2 ·
there's so many uses for it that it's not gonna be helpful to have one stationary thing for it. Just use the mind set of pushing off something a lot stronger than what you are pushing. a phone book works well to cushion the blow. I still keep reminding myself to duct take one up but never do.

#3 ·
gantry crane ?

I made a large gantry crane and some times have 2 chain hoists hanging from it. Red head concrete inserts are easye to install in a floor, but remember they can pull out, I have a large heavy 1/4 steel deck equipment trailer. A buddy chained down a car and used a chain hoist, wood 4 X 4's to block and pull out a crash, My son has used a large tree and the backhoe to pull a crash .

Attachments

#5 ·
southworth lift.

The 4 ft x 4 ft southworth lift table that comes out of the floor on the left side of the pict is very handy We have Sq tube inserts welded around on the inside of the perimeter steel band. some are at a 45 * and others square to the edge. A vice, planishing hammer, pipe vise, small bending brake, bead roller, etc all have solid steel bars welded to the mounting plates and can be easily dropped in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.