Possible 383 build, need a little Insight /Advice - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Or if you want both a tad more torque and would love to rev up like the import guys and the crank you have is in good shape,,,prefer forged,,,build a 361 hi rev.if you rev 72-7600 there is 540 hp plus available.
your heads would need to flow around 315 cfm and that could pull 8k.
you need a good solid roller and matching valve train

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 PM

12-705-8 - Magnum
I might even use a cam like that but change it to 108 square
looks like a very nice moderate street cam
Im not arguing with hcompton,just saying I personally would like a little more RPM potential.
that cam would work excellent with AFR heads or any head that has very good exhaust flow
Old 02-19-2013, 01:10 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
Or if you want both a tad more torque and would love to rev up like the import guys and the crank you have is in good shape,,,prefer forged,,,build a 361 hi rev.if you rev 72-7600 there is 540 hp plus available.
your heads would need to flow around 315 cfm and that could pull 8k.
you need a good solid roller and matching valve train
Vinnie 383s are like cookies from the same cutter, everyone has one!! LOL And a high rev small block is something to brag about Like Devils food cake!

Jester

Not trying to change your mind 4srs just steeling your thread for a moment Sorry
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
They Will?? no they take all the same things to make big power. 700hp from an import engine is amazing if its an NA 4 banger build. That will be a fully let out 10K rpm or better engine. Like 20K worth of goodies.

Most imports cant make more than 300 hp without boost. Do all the same things to the 383 and you will be over 1000hp. Only real difference is the heads for chevy are worse stock but you can buy good ones.
Compton

I was waiting to see who would post on that claim I thought sure Vinnie would be first chomping at the BIT LOL

Jester
Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM
450 or bust

Quote:
continuing on the lines of what Painted posted.If you plan to race against these imports,have you considered stealing some of their technology? toss a couple turbos on your V-8 and your tune will net over 800 HP and torque and smiles per mile.
I don't want boost, I'd rather stick with N/A, as far as Running them go, didn't mean that the ones I want to run are the 700hp ones, lol, more like the 350/400hp Hondas and BS that think their car is gods gift to man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
The stroked small blocks depending on kit or your crank and rod choices interferences are encountered Like rods contacting cam lobes ETC, Plan your build very carefully! LOL Did you contemplate building the 350 for high RPM or do you need the extra torque of the 383 for your application?

Jester
The Block had already been bored .030 over, so I just kinda wanted to build a 383 based off of expieriences I've had with Other friends that have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
They Will?? no they take all the same things to make big power. 700hp from an import engine is amazing if its an NA 4 banger build. That will be a fully let out 10K rpm or better engine. Like 20K worth of goodies.
Obviously, I didn't mean they could do that N/A. They take SC,TC, or Spray to get there. I've built and had my hands on quite a few 500+hp Imports. I was more so refering to Clearencing a block, blueprinting, etc. If it is a Strict Race motor, then yeah, all that would be done, but alot of the 7/800hp imports running around are just built, put together, and Dyno tuned. (and no, i'm also not saying they don't change fuel supply, trannys, or rear ends).

Quote:
12-705-8 - Magnum
I might even use a cam like that but change it to 108 square
looks like a very nice moderate street cam
Im not arguing with hcompton,just saying I personally would like a little more RPM potential.
that cam would work excellent with AFR heads or any head that has very good exhaust flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Vinnie 383s are like cookies from the same cutter, everyone has one!! LOL And a high rev small block is something to brag about Like Devils food cake!

Jester

Not trying to change your mind 4srs just steeling your thread for a moment Sorry

It's all good, Like I said, I'm open to opinions and advice. It's just my first v-8 build, so what is good for what when it comes to what I want with a v-8, is something new to me, and needed some 'direction', if you will.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by all4sr's View Post

It's all good, Like I said, I'm open to opinions and advice. It's just my first v-8 build, so what is good for what when it comes to what I want with a v-8, is something new to me, and needed some 'direction', if you will.

Jester

Tags
383, 500hp, sbc

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.