Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Possible electrical problem. Need help bad.
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hello guys I know its been almost a month and I finally found out my problem almost by accident. I brought my truck up to my dad's house so we had a warm place to be able to have some time to check things out. Well we looked and checked everything all over the distributor again and could not understand why it was running horrible. I took it out on the highway and it all of a sudden just quit and would not start anymore. We had control module checked and it turned out fine and also the coil was good. Well here is the kicker he said only thing left to check was the pickup and I said I never heard of those going bad just the modules or coils but he said they can so when he went to check it turns out one of the wires the green one that hooks up to the control module was not in the boot very well and there for made for a short and loose connection. He pushed it back in and boom we had fire again and the missing part sound like its maybe a exhaust leak.Some times the simple things are not found right away but a nice simple fix. Thanks guys for your input and advice appreciate it.
eric