Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is it possible to match single stage colors to 2 stage colors?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I've taken the gas tank door off before and had them match that color to the paint I needed. If I have them match the color and also blend it to the fender, it should be real close. This is on the car that I'm painting the fiberglass body kit so I'll have to match the lower 1/3 of the car to the rest of the car also. That will prove to be a different story than simply blending to a fender. Would it be a good idea to "mask back" or tape the paper down and pull the paper back (up from the body kit onto the body of the part thats already painted) with a big bow in it so I don't get a hard line in the clear, then blend it onto the rest of the body? I have to paint the trunk lid also (there was a wing that was removed and there are holes to weld shut) so I might just paint that separate and see how the new paint color matches, that way if the new color doesn't match,,, the trunk lid would be easy enough to re-do and I can tweek the color for a closer match. Then,,,,if the color matches without any difference to the rest of the car,,,,I could paint the body kit without having to do any blending since the body kit is separate from the actual body and there will be a separation between the kit and body to mask off from. By the way Kenseth, thanks a lot for all your advice in the past,,, you really seem to know your bussiness