Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is it possible to match single stage colors to 2 stage colors?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well in that case, I think I would hope for a good match and a experienced mixer who is good at what he does. I really wouldn't try to blend up into the side panels with the clear, you would be better off then just to do a complete or at least clear it all. You do get a price break on gallons of clear over buying and quarts, and just if your willing to invest and get paid for the extra time involved to do it, more so then a huge difference in material cost. Your plan sounds good, spray the trunk lid first or a test card and compare match. Explain to who is mixing your paint that you need it to match and your situation. You could blend into the fenders quarters for the trunk and hood match, but then thier really isn't much more to paint to do the whole car. A ground effect down low on the car a little mis match isn't going to be as noticeable as the top panels which are large in up high, even though panels side by side a mismatch is usually obvious, say like a fender that doesn't match the door. Arghh, don't remind me of welding spoiler holes shut. Put a funky looking wing on a cavalier and welded up the stock spoiler holes. Got them all welded pretty nicely, got to the very last one right in the middle of the deck lid which was also one of the smaller holes to weld. The sob warped the deck lid and had to pry back out and get rid of oil can. Can they make some of the sheetmetal on those cars any thinner?

Last edited by kenseth17; 02-04-2006 at 08:39 PM.