Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - possible sale to a guy in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 05:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

He also wrote in the e-mail that he wanted me to show proof that I'm not a scammer by showing him some sales that I've made out of state.......... The thing is, I haven't made any sales out of state!

My question is, what is a good SAFE way to let this guy know that I am legit.. and what should I watch out for when it comes to dealing with people out of country?

Thanks Aaron[/QUOTE]

Now I hate to be cynical but my first impression was get you to prove your honest so your not thinking he is dishonest.
You will know its a scam when he agrees to full price without hiring an inspection your car and wants an account number to wire you the money.

You can cut to the chase and email this guy and say the only way I will sell is letter of credit from bank with check and when it clears you can have car picked up.
This will seperate the men from the boys real quick!

I have bought many of Mercedes parts from Germany and this is common protocol.

EDIT:
By the way for under $20 he can have you the letter of credit with check in 48 hours, the excuse they like to use is mail will take forever.

Last edited by BarryK; 04-13-2006 at 05:43 PM.