Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - possible sale to a guy in Australia?
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Rebuild an alternator Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 12

Dude...

All this fool needs is your SSAN and Birth Cert..and guess what ? He's you and your screwed..

Let's recap..
  • He's got your bank accounts,
  • A PHOTO COPY of your Driver's license,
  • A CLEAR copy of the title and a Bill of sale..
  • The VIN NUMBER of the car..
  • Your Phone number..
  • Your Street address..
  • Your PARENTS STREET address..and their phone numbers..

My Ex~wifes Knew less about me at divorce..What's this guy want a DNA sample too?

With the information he wants you to send, I suppose I could get a Car titled in my name just about anywhere in the world..before it ever arrived at the docks..and all for the cost of shipping and a 10% Deposit..

Truthfully, I'd pass on this idiot..you can sell the car to someone else in the states for about the same price..and keep more in your pocket then it will cost to deal with this fool..

What is the deal about shipping? It would seem he thinks you are paying for that by his email? True or not? For that alone I'd blow him off..ship is his problem..

If you want to do a deal, Tell him this is how this is gonna shake out.. have a mutual bank picked as an escrow holder for a period of 10 days (or until the funds CLEAR) Then the bank sends the funds to your account, and the title and notarized bill of sale are sent to him and shipping can begin (they can preload..but not ship or leave the dock prior to that date..unless released by the bank)

Any other way and it's gonna cost you major bucks in fees..and don't forget also..you get an IRS flag on this transaction here..you will have to pay taxes on that also (transactions over $10,000)

The latest and greatest Scam is Forged Cashier's Checks..the Check hits your account, you send the Vehicle..title ET&AL..ten days later the Check comes back as forged..Treasury Agents are knocking on your door..your out 45 grand..and the Car..and no way to catch up with this guy..

OR you can offer him a reduction of half his airfare to the states to BRING you cash (not a check..)..and leave with the car and title ...

Blow him off..more trouble than it's worth..

Doc

I just reread the Emial post..Is this deal 45 grand, or 45 hundred? ..If $4500, it's not worth the trouble..I thought it was 45 grand..

Last edited by docvette; 04-14-2006 at 12:28 AM. Reason: I before E except after a 12 pack...