Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Post up a picture of yourself....
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 12:40 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41willys
I still do not know how to post a picture on the bulletin.

Gave it a shot though.
I'm typing this while doing it so (hopefully) I won't leave out any steps or descriptions:

When you're looking at that "Reply to Thread" box and typing your message, scroll down a bit and you'll see "Manage Attachments" under "Additional Options".

Click the "Manage Attachments" link and it will pop up a little window, if you have javascript enabled, or a second browser window, if you don't have javascript enabled. That window includes instructions, 5 blank boxes for "File to upload" and a "Browse" button beside each blank box.

Click on one of the "Browse" buttons and you can dig around in the files and directories (folders) on your computer to locate the particular file you want to attach to your message.

After you've 'browsed' to locate up to 5 files to attach, click on the "Upload" button to upload all of them to hotrodders.com. Click it once and wait. It will then show you a list of "Current Attachments" and the amount of space they use. It will also give you a "Remove" button, in case you change your mind or made a mistake.

When you're done 'managing attachments', you can click the button "Close this window" or, if you're not running javascript, close that browser window.

Now, back where you are typing your message, click the "Preview Post" button. At the top, you will get a "Preview", then below that will be where you edit your message, and below that will be "Additional Options" which will show your newly uploaded file name plus the "Manage Attachments" link again.

If all looks right, click "Submit Reply".

Much, much easier to do than describe.

(As Malc pointed out in an earlier message in this thread, linked photos seem to drop out after a while. On the other hand, attached photos will last as long as hotrodders.com does).

Attached is a photo of me undergoing much-needed makeover improvements by my grand-niece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grouch-deco.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	28467