Hot Rod Forum banner

Post your favorite Engine photo.

102K views 330 replies 93 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
We are not necessarly talking favorite engine, we are talking favorite photo of an engine (or engines in my case). Try to make it a full frame photo of JUST the engine if you can, that is what this is all about. :D

I have no idea what sparked me to start this thread but I thought it may be fun and the first "Motor" that popped into my head was the Sissell twin engine Chevy six rail. I saw this car at an event and honestly I was suppose to leave, I had somewhere to be but I HAD to hang around to see this car run. It is a friggin work of art!

Brian

See less See more
#310 ·
. I recognized the Glasspar sports car in that movie, but not the Woodhill Special (bodies molded by Glasspar)... Glasspars made by Travis Tritt, my cousin took care of him in his old age, don't know if still alive... I also have a Glasspar boat, may have been made by his brother... first Glasspar car sat on a Jeep Wrangler frame (and ugly wheels/traction tires) made here... guy had it made for his wife, but she wouldn't drive it... GM engineering bought a Glasspar and designed the first Corvette from it...

#311 · (Edited)
Not quite the story on the Woodill Wildfire. The first Wildfire was built on a custom frame made by Shorty Post. Bill Tritt of Glasspar created the fiberglass body. Howard Miller built the car. Willys Speedster suspension components were used after all Woody Woodill did own a Dodge- Willys dealership. They used a Willys 226ci Hurricane engine with tri-power, a hot cam, and headers.
After it was completed Woodhill got Willys interested enough to build six cars before Kaiser bought Willys. Kaiser had just introduced their Darrin Sports car and had no use for the Wildfire.
Woodhill then took his design and marketed as a body kit utilizing a 1939 Ford chassis and running gear.
Arguably the first production fiberglass car.

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

The red car is #1

Attachments

#313 ·
I can't find a good picture of the complete engine but this picture might very well boggle you mind. I did mine!.

12 cyl. Duesenberg Walking Beam Marine Engine. Only two made. Built in 1914 they made 750 hp @ 1500 rpm, 800 hp @ 1600, 3221 cid. one piece crankshaft.
What a beast!

BB :thumbup::thumbup:

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#331 ·
Did you watch any of the other vids after this was done ??
Especially the one about a coverup conspiracy ?? There is speculation that White Star switched the ships ID and sank the Olympia because it was severely damaged in a collision.

It has credibility from the fact that the captain had the ship going that fast in a known iceberg field...:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.