Hot Rod Forum banner

Post your favorite Engine photo.

102K views 330 replies 93 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
We are not necessarly talking favorite engine, we are talking favorite photo of an engine (or engines in my case). Try to make it a full frame photo of JUST the engine if you can, that is what this is all about. :D

I have no idea what sparked me to start this thread but I thought it may be fun and the first "Motor" that popped into my head was the Sissell twin engine Chevy six rail. I saw this car at an event and honestly I was suppose to leave, I had somewhere to be but I HAD to hang around to see this car run. It is a friggin work of art!

Brian

See less See more
#27 ·
bigdog7373 said:
Now THERE is a motor! The photo is taken with a "fish eye" lens you can see with the distortion on the outer edges. It is making the center of the photo "fatter" making the motor look even bigger.

Brian

#29 ·
I know it's big but you can see some distortion in the hinges on the sides of the photo because of a less than 50mm lens. At least thats what I am thinking with this very limited photography brain I have. I am certainly no pro but I think that is what I am seeing.

Brian

#30 ·
I didn't realize what kind of motor it was, that has got to be one of the oddest engine swaps ever. :thumbup: There was a guy in my local that had a chopped top 63ish Ford Falcon Ranchero with a flat head in it! I love those goofy swaps.

Brian

#31 ·
MARTINSR said:
I know it's big but you can see some distortion in the hinges on the sides of the photo because of a less than 50mm lens. At least thats what I am thinking with this very limited photography brain I have. I am certainly no pro but I think that is what I am seeing.

Brian
I see what youre saying. The left hinge looks kind of bent outward. It's still a huge engine for the car though.

#32 ·
MARTINSR said:
LOLOL, you made me laugh this morning. Remember, it CAN be your favorite engine but that doesn't make it your favorite engine PHOTO. :nono:

Just kidding, it's all good. Yeah Subaru produces some pretty nice cars.

Brian

I cant imagine needing to do body work on these cars after a wreck Brian. Man the thing is scary straight down the side line and the gaps are ridiculously close. Built like an old brick dump house tight on the panels from what I see,,,

The motor is Subaru's first in many a year, sounds like a high rever,,,check out the oil filter location now that is OK stuff!!

Your right though,,, there are engines and then there are just engines :)

#33 ·
Custom10 said:
I cant imagine needing to do body work on these cars after a wreck Brian. Man the thing is scary straight down the side line and the gaps are ridiculously close. Built like an old brick dump house tight on the panels from what I see,,,

The motor is Subaru's first in many a year, sounds like a high rever,,,check out the oil filter location now that is OK stuff!!

Your right though,,, there are engines and then there are just engines :)

We work on them everyday (well we don't have a Subaru in the shop every day but you get the idea) and most late model cars are pretty stellar when it comes to fit and finish. They are SOOOOO many miles ahead of the older cars it isn't funny.

Brian

#43 ·
MARTINSR said:
We are not necessarly talking favorite engine, we are talking favorite photo of an engine (or engines in my case). Try to make it a full frame photo of JUST the engine if you can, that is what this is all about. :D

I have no idea what sparked me to start this thread but I thought it may be fun and the first "Motor" that popped into my head was the Sissell twin engine Chevy six rail. I saw this car at an event and honestly I was suppose to leave, I had somewhere to be but I HAD to hang around to see this car run. It is a friggin work of art!

Brian

Dammit Brian, now I have to go dig through a drawer full of old photo's ,LOL.

I have a picture of an original Ardun in the redhead streamliner setting on the salt from the early 80's.

#46 ·
boothboy said:
Gotta love this little beauty! 34 cyl; inline-radial engine. One of two built by
Lycoming during WW2. 5000 HP. @ 2600 R.P.M.
I dig the radial engine and was the big daddy of all big daddies! Do you know that an early car building used a radial that spun around the crank that was bolted to the frame!

I'll try to find it, it's pretty wild.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.