Hot Rod Forum banner

Post your favorite Engine photo.

102K views 330 replies 93 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
We are not necessarly talking favorite engine, we are talking favorite photo of an engine (or engines in my case). Try to make it a full frame photo of JUST the engine if you can, that is what this is all about. :D

I have no idea what sparked me to start this thread but I thought it may be fun and the first "Motor" that popped into my head was the Sissell twin engine Chevy six rail. I saw this car at an event and honestly I was suppose to leave, I had somewhere to be but I HAD to hang around to see this car run. It is a friggin work of art!

Brian

See less See more
#169 ·
I know it's not much and you might not get it. But I still get all gitty if I find one!
It's where I started; got a 3-HP Briggs and a set of tools from my grandpa when I was six.
Later discovering the 'no replacement for displacement' rule with a 5-HP Briggs!
I got a soft spot for these little engines and sometimes wonder if I still have parts of the rod in my leg.:pimp:

Attachments

#170 ·
BigE! I love it! I too started out with these little motors. I had a home made mini bike that my brother traded some kids a pack of fire crackers for (no kidding) and we bought a motor at a flee market. It was a 1 horse cast iron B/S with the B/S stamped into the flywheel cover, an oldie. It pushed that little mini bike too many miles to even imagine, I rode that sucker every waking hour! Wish I had a photo, not a single one. :(

Brian

#172 ·
LOLOLOLOL, no really, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I love it! Thanks for the morning laugh, damn that is fun stuff. You have a friggin hot rod there! Holy cow I never had one like that!

I couldn't afford a chain clutch, those suckers were about $15. :rolleyes: I had a belt! Yep, no chains on my mini bikes, they had fan belts. :D

Brian

#183 ·
Alum bock , which appears to be standard deck height, cylinder heads are almost twice as tall as a product head. Manifold is built with intergral plenum cover and open intake runners same as much later LS engines.

Would really like to see photos of it installed in car presented for pre race inspection!

#180 ·
It is suppose to be a standard deck production engine But it is all aluminum block ,heads intake also look at bolts in valve cover.non stock locations bbc has 3 on top 4 on bottom also has valley pan like a Pontiac.this when Stock cars still had spedometers and door panels and 5 minute pit stops,wonder why he got caught.LOL

#192 ·
Now that is the type of thing this thread was started for! A reverse running small block! I have never seen one, seen many flat heads running in reverse but never a sbc, very interesting.

Brian

#194 ·
I don't think it run's backwards,, I think they sell a cam to do that..I would think you would lose some of the power too... I could be wrong,, But I don't think it run's backwards... I thought about doing something like this in my c-cab build..:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.