Posting Moved - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 02:03 AM
My 327 Cruiser

Wiki Edits: 0

Posting Moved

Had a post in engine section about my 383 stroker, engine details and specs,was asking approx horse power rating, found out it was moved. Why did I do something wrong?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 02:13 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Your opening post was very basic and a request for HP guess. All requests for DT Dyno and power estimates are moved to Basics and have been for several years.

Moving this to site suggestins and help.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association
Old 04-07-2013, 02:41 AM
My 327 Cruiser

Moved

Well I did not Know Not that familiar with this sight yet, so what determines a tech question from a basic question?
Old 04-07-2013, 04:03 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeth View Post
Well I did not Know Not that familiar with this sight yet, so what determines a tech question from a basic question?
yep , happen to me too. started a write up about my 383 chevy engine build for other users to view , help and learn from but they moved it. I was piss off , as a form users myself this is info we like to see. now have moved on to chevy talk and auzzy v8 forms much better and help full.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjautos7 View Post
yep , happen to me too. started a write up about my 383 chevy engine build for other users to view , help and learn from but they moved it. I was piss off , as a form users myself this is info we like to see. now have moved on to chevy talk and auzzy v8 forms much better and help full.
BJ, your thread was moved to the new Projects/Builds/My Rides forum, which was specifically created for posts like yours. It wasn't deleted like you make it sound, it's in the best place to be seen and fits the forum description perfectly. Good to see you still visit here, glad you've found another place you enjoy that works for you.

Nemeth's thread opener:

"Hi guys, Im the new guy.I cant afford a dyno test but was wondering if any one could give me an educated guess my approx horse power.

Vortec Block bored 4.030
3.75 stroke one piece crank
Probe forged pistons
10.5 to 1 comp
Cam 236/242 @ .050 .544/.545 110 lsa Roller cam
Rhs Heads 180 cc intake 74 cc exhaust 202/ 1.6 valves
Crane 1.52 Rockers
Rpm Air Gap intake
670 Avenger
1 11/16 headman headers
MSD Ignition

Should I run a 750 Holley Mech Secondary?"

That is a very basic question, the day it posted it was moved to the Basics forum, and as stated before, when Jon was the admin here, it was decided power estimate requests/guesses will be routinely moved to basics. That has been board policy for a long time.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association

Last edited by 68NovaSS; 04-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 PM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=68NovaSS;1663852]BJ, your thread was moved to the new Projects/Builds/My Rides forum, which was specifically created for posts like yours. It wasn't deleted like you make it sound, it's in the best place to be seen and fits the forum description perfectly. Good to see you still visit here, glad you've found another place you enjoy that works for you.

now you may need to read it again as i said it was moved not deleted. you should ask your members and users where they would look for info on engine building and other info to do with engines. i will beat you it would be under engines not Projects/Builds/My Rides forum. i'm not the only one that thinks this.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Fine....it is moved back to the engine forum....where by the way, it will get buried after a day or so, never to be seen again. The engine forum is so busy, since everyone wants to know how much power their SBC has. At least in the Builds forum, you stood a chance of people looking at it or you could have found it to refer them to it.

I thought I might be doing you a favor having your own build thread....best of luck to you
Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeth View Post
A guess is kinda basic, where a tech question has an answer related to specifications or tolerances and procedures. A guess is a guess...pretty basic. SBC horsepower guesses have Been covered a hundred thousand times here.
Posts and the information contained are kept in the forums sections based on there relevancy.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Banned

Last photo:

ask your question, if the mods want to move it , this is in your best interest. Do not think so then do not post. It is there site we are guests here. The info will come from the members here. If it gets buried then ask again with all the spec and parts numbers and maybe someone here can dial it in for ya.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Latech nailed it quite well.
We have some very skilled people helping us out here, expecting them to muddle through every thread asking a basic question is a waste of their time. There are some helpful tips in the users guidelines. Thread titles are another area where we could use some clarity, titling a thread "383 stroker" is not too awfully clear. The engine forum is the busiest forum on the site, and as Ponch said, threads disappear quickly.

As mods, we expect a certain amount of discord. We are not perfect but do the best things we feel are for the betterment of this site. We get paid outrageous amounts of cash under the table, , we have nothing better to do, this is a full time job. For a site this large, there is very little moderation, this has been the policy since day one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.