Hot Rod Forum banner

Posting pics in PMs

4K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  BstMech 
#1 ·
HK told me how to upload pics to an album, and it worked great, THANKS HK. :)

But I'm having trouble sending pics through a PM, I'm pretty much computer dumb. So can anyone help me?

I have Windows XP, and am trying to retrieve the pics from the "my pictures" folder. HK told me about right clicking on the pic, and going to properties then finding http/something.com, then copy, then go to the PM hit "image" then paste. That may not be exactly how he said but I followed the instructions and can't get it.

My problem is, I don't see any http/something.com or whatever when I click on properties.

HK- I Haven't lost faith or nothing, I just figured you have a different OS/config. :)

Oh yeah, THANKS

#2 ·
For the same reason a picture must be uploaded to an internet site (like your photo album) to post in a topic it must also be uploaded to put in a PM. Try uploading the pic to your hotrodders photo album, then right click for properties and it will give you the internet address for the pic. Hope this helps you.

#3 ·
Once you get the http address showing in the properties box right click over the address, click on 'select all', then right click on it again and click on 'copy'. On your PM click on the IMAGE button and in the link address box right click and regular click on 'paste' to put the picture address in the link box.

#7 ·
You have the title? I will sell it cheap.....

1)Go to the picture album.
2)Select the photo you want to post and Left click on it to bring it up to full size.
3) Right click on the photo
4) R click on properties
5) R click on the address that pops up.
6) R click on Select all
7) R click on the address and then R click on copy
8) then L click on OK

The photo should be loaded.

A)Go to where you want to post the photo
B)then type
C) R click the pointer right behind the [img} and then R click paste
Then type
D) do that without any spaces

example

The photo will come up if you do it this way.

Nothing to it !!!

:p

#14 ·
hey mustang... I bet I seen a car that is gunna be nicer than yurs (if it isnt' already)j/k BUT I DO HAVE A STORY... CAR AND DRUG RELATED!! It was on the indian reserve... Me and my druggy buddies, not real buddys just druggy ones... anyhow.. we were out on the reserve doing what else but getting stoned... and since this kid was living with his brother (cool guy, DRUG Dealer too) and his sister (drug dealer, in fact when we walked in the house they were all rolling joints together) anyhow... so tom(the older brother) was showing us all the new stuff he had... among that the home stereo he bought at discount price.. $18 000 down from $20 000... Their pool table... and well we went out to the garage and he has a niiiiiccccceeee almost mint mustang that he is gunna do up (only thing that was wrong with it from what I could see is the paint was faded and the tires were flat) Anyhow... he bought it when he turned 18 (That band gets 180 grand!!!!!JUST FOR TURNING 18... NOT TO MENTION 2000 FOR GRADUATING, AND 1000 BUCKS FOR PASSING GRADE 9)

Anyway... and I guess he blew the rest... I mean to say obviously he blew the rest... but he said with all the cash he was making from sellin dope he was gunna put a bunch of it into the car...

Sad part is I bet you that a few months after it gets done (if it isn't already) it's gunna be rolled... seems to be a pattern on that reserve.. They all kill each other (a true ghetto believe it or not, I've driven by the HOBEMMA GHETTO)

ANYHOW! If anyone wants to buy a nice muscle car (i plan to one day when I have a shotgun and a bottle of whiskey with me) Check out the native reserves... got nothing against natives but I know at least around here they have muscle cars LITTERALLY in PILES, some aren't worht buying others are...

I'll save the story about my maybe ex g/fs mom's ex b/f and how he tried to buy an almost mint dart but she wouldn't sell it cuz it was her green house.. for another day when i can be off topic

#17 ·
Hey hudderites are deadly people (except this dumb kid who ran away from the colony... I don't think anyone like them so they got starved)

Anyhow... my aunt always gets free food and stuff from the huderites cuz they have some farm land they rent to them...

Sure they talk, dress, and act funny but huderites are some of the nicest people i've met.... (oh yeah and in case mr2 is reading I did in fact talk to some one time)

#18 ·
BstMech that will be a nice stang when you get it done.Do you wwant another one? I can not remember if he said it is a 65 or 66 but the body is in real good shape and all the glass is in tact. He has the motor and tranny and wants 2500.00 if yooou know someone or what it your self I can get all the infor and some pics.

#19 ·
Thanks guys, but that Mustang is my buddies. It's a long story to explain why I traded MY rifle for it to be HIS car. To make a long story short GUILT. He had a '67 that we were fixing up, and I moved back to Phoenix and left him stuck with a daily driver that wasn't quite ready to be daily driven (that was 5 years ago). He wasn't really what you would call a good "wrench" at the time, and got hard up for dependable transportation (something about WORK :eek: ). He had about $5k in the car and ended up getting raped by a carlot trade for a rusted out Beemer. I felt this would make up for leaving him stranded (even though I offered for him to come along). He wouldn't let me give the car to him, so he's been paying my half of the shop rent for the last two months (what a guy :cool: ). I do have a small block Vega project that I'll be posting some pics of though. I just gotta get off my ars and start on it, I don't need money to do that anyway. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.