Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Potential '72 C10 Project
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 03:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Potential '72 C10 Project

For Christmas my wife told me to go buy a truck. I have been looking at a '72 Chevy online and plan to go see it in person as soon as possible. The truck is listed for $1850. It had a new GM Goodwrench 350 engine put in about 50,000 miles ago along with HEI ignition. It is a long bed with a 4 speed transmission that I am assuming is stock. It seems to have very little rust and is supposedly a dependable driver. The current owner has not intended it to be performance oriented, more of a hauler. Any model specific (or not) problems I should watch out for when I go look at the truck?

Also, if I end up getting this truck I will have around $1000 to start working on it. I am not looking to have a show car, more of a daily driver that I can take to the strip for fun. I'm not real worried about the appearence at this point, so my question is, where should I start spending? There are no obvious safety or driving hazards that need to be fixed so my inclination is towards some engine work or possibly lowering it. The 383 conversion seems to be pretty popular and is probably what I am leaning towards at this point.

I've got plenty of time as this won't be a daily driver for me, but the cash will have to trickle in. Let me know what you think.