Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Power brakes dont feel right...any suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

one side of the MC has 2 ports that are plugged with allen plugs, the other side has 2 ports that are occupied by the prop valve, do I need to check all 4 or only the 2 being used?

Ill adjust the booster tomorrow when its light out, if there is no internal valving like you said would this be the same as a disc disc MC or would it be beneficial to get a true disc disc MC?

The rear calipers do have an adjustment for the ebrake but its a weird setup, There is a small hydraulic piston that the brake pedal uses to push the pads into the rotor, then there is a bigger ebrake piston thats mechanical around the hydraulic piston (basically a piston inside of a piston), from what I can tell even if the ebrake was fully out of adjustment the hydraulic piston would still push out the pads and be in contact just as much as if it were adjusted.

I dont have ebrake cables connected because its a huge job to add that right now, is it possible this is a problem? I showed a GM tech that works with me and he said it looks like it wouldnt affect the hydraulic portion of the caliper and shouldnt be needed to operate the pedal properly.

I remember when putting in these brake lines that there were adapters in the MC, I tried to take those off and put the lines in by themselves and it went WAY into the cylinder so I put the adapters back, I guess that means there arent any internal valves?