Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Power brakes dont feel right...any suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Alright got an update, I turned out the booster rod (between the booster and master) a bunch and tried to put the master on, no go, turned in the rod a little, better but still hitting the master, turned in more and it was flush but hitting the master just barely, turned it in just a hair more, master bolted up and not hitting the rod....
then adjusted the heim joint between the pedal and booster, turned it all the way in and there was no play, turned it back a little, now theres a little play, turned it just a hair more, now theres about 1/2" play (when I push the brake pedal it goes about 1/2" before I feel anything push on the MC).

Test drove it and its MUCH better but not right yet. I was able to slow down much quicker but still impossible to lock up the wheels (maybe because of the 454 motor and heavy truck with cheapo kragen pads??)

Should I adjust the booster again or look at better pads or what? I do have access to the depth gauge for GM boosters at my shop and can try that out also or is this as good as its going to get with the cheap pads, heavy truck, and massive engine??

I did notice that now under panic stops the engine stumbles a lot due to all the air being sucked up by the booster, maybe it needs some more vacuum to operate panic stops better?