Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Power brakes dont feel right...any suggestions?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyrestore View Post
I see what your getting at, I was told by CPP if there is a 2 stamp its for a disc drum and if theres a 4 stamp its a disc disc valve and there is a clear 4 stamp so I shouldnt have to modify anything correct?
In a defect-free world, no you shouldn't have to do anything.
Quote:
The only other thing I had time to do was throw a one person bleeder bottle on the rears, looks like there a good squirt out of there but not a lot of fluid in that squirt.

What would cause that? Its like if someone was holding the pedal and I cracked the bleeder it would squirt out but not as much fluid as what the fronts would have.
This is what prompted me to bring this up. If nothing else cures the problem- I think you should look to be sure.

The last statement above could also be taken to mean there was insufficient volume as opposed to pressure. Like if the MC were a disc/drum unit, having less volume for the rear drum brake cylinders than a disc brake caliper requires.

Who knows- when all's said and done, you may just need a bigger booster.