Hot Rod Forum banner

Power Brakes to Munual Brakes

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
I changing form power brakes to munual brakes on 78 Nova drag car does anyone no here you get rod & pedal for munual brakes. need room for roll bar.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
a few months ago I converted my friends Lincon with ABS that the parts were no longer available to a regular power brake system for a mustang since both had 4 wheel dics it was fairly ez I just orderd a new master and booster that came with the rod, most do.so if you want manual brakes just go to advanced and order one from an older GM car (nova) with manual master.But if it were me I think I'd move the roll bar and keep the power brakes ,I like stopping fast first and going fast comes second

#5 ·
Dennis78B said:
I have master cylinder but it don't come rod. I need rod and pendal.
If the power brake pedal has a pick up point on it for manual brakes, use it. The pedal can be narrowed to be more like the manual pedal width.

You want about a 6:1 ratio. More here.

There are adjustable push rods for some applications, or they can be fabricated. Be sure the manual master cylinder has a deep hole to locate the pushrod.

#7 · (Edited)
Sure, tons of them here in Ga,.mustangs and a crap load of 2nd gen camaros too,most get stripped of the sub frames right away but most everything else is still there....Just get on http://www.car-part.com/ you'll find one closest to you, you dont even have to go out and pull it,just wait for it to come UPS..
But like I said before ,usually we go the other way and trash the manual MC and go with power and disc's which reminds me,if you have disc's in the front you may need a proportioning valve since discs take less pressure to operate.
Joe P.,That name sounds familiar. You with ride tec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.