Hot Rod Forum banner

power brakes and power steering on a '63 impala SS

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChevyLuv 
#1 ·
hey,

me and my dad are fixin up my 63, and we're lookin at puttin some power brakes and power steering on it. if anyone knows anything bout this, or any good sites that would have anything to do with it, write me at beemer520@hotmail.com

thanks
Ben

#2 ·
Well I would think since your car is an SS that it would have power brakes and steering on it.You could find original type parts for it but as far as the parts go i wouldnt waste the time or money with the old brake stuff. There alot of ppl out there that make kits for disc parts that go right on the orignal spindals.They are mostly kits that use the same stuff that the GM g-bodys use from the 80s.Basically your brakes options are endless as long as you have the money too back it up.Aluminum calipers,stainless lines,drilled and slotted rotters.Just go to brembo,willwood,etc if you really want to do it right and spend some money.As far as your power steering goes i wish i could help you out more the only thing i really know to do is to get some OE stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.