Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Power Seat.. HELP!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 04:10 PM

Last journal entry: Completed the side window installation
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OK, I had a chance to check the schematics. From what I can figure, it's best to eliminate the memory seat module. The seat switch comes in two configurations. One is a three (3) position switch and one is a four (4) position switch. The 3 position switch does not have a position for the recline. The 4 position includes horizontal position, vertical forward, vertical rear as well as the recline position. The orange lead is for power with a 30 amp breaker. The black is your ground. The power seat on the passenger side does not use a memory seat module. My plan is to find a wiring harness from the passenger side to replace the driver side harness, thus eliminating the seat module. One could probably just splice the seat module out of the circuit and work fine. I'll do this if the seat harness is a problem to find. You should be able to obtain the wiring schematic at your local General Motors Dealership, to help with the splicing and bypassing the seat module. August, if you PM or email me, I'll email you a copy of the schematic. Sorry I couldn't be more detailed. Hope this helps. Anyone attempting this modification should do their home work to make sure nothing is damaged specific to your setup.