Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - power seat retrofit
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

back again

Ok, Last night I took stumpy1972uk1's advise about the side airbags. I simply disconnected both of them. I then proceeded to isolate the wires for each of the four motors so that i could locate them on the plug which goes into the memory unit. I did notice that each motor has two large gauge wires , which are the positive and negative, and also two thin gauge wires which I imagine are some sort of switching mechanism. I managed to get each motor running by hooking them up at the plum end with a car battery. My problem is if I replug the plugs into the memory box the plugs that come out the front side have completely different colored wires. I noticed on the front side wires there is a very heavy gauge brown wire, red wire and black wire. Am I supposed to plug everything back together and hook up the battery directly to two of those three heavy gauge wires. If so which two. Then if i remove the switch from the door panel how do i determine which wire on the back of the switch will operate each motor. I imagine there is no direct power going into the switch, only the seat. Am i correct?