Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - power steering
Thread: power steering
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Toy builder

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Bomo is correct. Fat man has screwed up that frontend for years.But he gets to sell you all the valves and pressure "correctors" Only thing you can do now is take it to some one that knows frontends and cut up MR FAT MANS junk. Its needs to have a slower newer bird or mustang rack installed . The castor needs to be up around 6-8 degrees (last one i did on a 40 buick i had to do alot a cutting to get it right.) If you were to do a 40 buick again I cut the front off at the twin rails and weld 2 peice's of 3x6 tubing (i might be wrong on the size ,i did that one a while ago)in and then install a TCI coil over frontend. Its to bad Fat guy sells this frontend cause everbody has trouble with it. You next step is to forget FAT boy and go find a rod shop that dont use his junk. Get the guy to remove all the valves and add on junk.Than repalce the rack with a good newer slower rack,put 6-8 degrees castor in the car and it will be the sweatest drivin car you have driven.When you set the castor make sure all the tire pressures are set ,the tires are on it that you will run and the trunk has about how much weight you will have in it on a trip. Also if MR Fat sucked you in on the lower strut rod a-frames gey rid of them and go to a solid one peice front lower a-frame.Strut rods change a lot of geom as your driving and have no place on a rod to begin with. Hope this helps. Beleive me when i tell you there is no other fix,you must have some one change the rack for you(or do it yourself). I dont know how this guy stays in bussiness but chalk up another one to his great advertizing. Good luck man,NICE car also!!!