Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - power steering
Thread: power steering
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 06:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the kind words about my Buick, I've spent 6 years working on it, driving it, and working on it some more. Made some major changes in 2001, most of which worked out really good. There are not a lot of off the shelf parts for a Buick on the market, you just buy something that looks like it might work, then adapt...cut to fit, paint to match is a good expression I found comes into play often. I have a LaCarra steering wheel on it( on a Caddy tilt/tele column) to match the grey UltraLeather seats, currently rebuilding the under dash and console area and will also be covered with the UltraLeather. Will eventually do the door panels when I have the time and money to buy more fake cow covering. Put a Dakota Digital cruise on it also. Complete new Master Power brake system, TCI rear suspension made for a 55-57 Chevy spring relocator system.(lots of cutting to fit and painting to match, but well worth it and it was almost like it was made for the car.) Tanks poly tank for a 41-48 Chevy, new GM crate motor with lots of polished and chromed parts and the ill-fated FatMan frontend we have been discussing. Tons and tons of things I have not mentioned or forgotten...and I will be up front and tell you I didn't do all of the stuff myself, I had help from lots of hot rod buddies who would come over and give me a hand when I needed someone to hold the lite in my eyes...could have never done it without them either, at least not in the time frame it all came together in. But what goes around,comes around, and I show up at their place to shine the light for in their eyes when they need it. Not too much on the car was farmed out, the first upholstery job was, and I still get the same guys to do stuff for me when it's above my knowledge or don't have the time to unscrew my screwups. Did the paint 5 years ago, and it's due again, but that's later down the road, maybe next year...it's almost cruisin' time now, no time for down time.