Hot Rod Forum banner

which power steering port?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ajbcc2 
#1 ·
I am running a 69 lincoln 460 with a dodge omni power steering rack. Before I start cutting and bending lines, which port on the rack goes to the pump?..( i assume the other goes to the resevoir as a return?) please correct me if i am wrong...thanks :confused:

#3 · (Edited)
which power steering port

does anyone know what the ports are on the dodge omni rack?..I was told that the pressure port maybe a 16mm 1.50 and the return was an 18mm 1.50...is this true?..and any thought as to where i can get the fittings to complete my steering?..added info...i went and ordered the pressure side line..it comes with a 16mm end and an 18mm end. the pump itself was listed as a16mm port...so it the pressure line goes into the pump with a 16mm then the other end that is an 18mm must be the pressure side on the rack...so the larger of the two is the pressure side...thanks anyways......ps rack is almost finsished being plumbed.( i am putting in a heidts adjustable pressure steering valve.The brackets for it are tacked in place and it looks good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.