Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Garage - Tools (
-   -   Power steering pulley puller tool (

64Joker 03-06-2013 02:17 PM

Power steering pulley puller tool
Any recommendations for buying a "POWER STEERING PULLEY PULLER TOOL"?

Specific brands or tool type(s)?

Application: Small Block Chevy

F-BIRD'88 03-06-2013 09:15 PM

Here in Canada you can buy this tool from Princess Auto.
Princess Auto

In the US you may also find it at similar type stores such as Harbor Freight.
Harbor Freight Tools

May also find it at local Automotive parts chain stores like PEP boys etc.
or Summit Racing online. 03-06-2013 10:07 PM

I have been using a HF unit at the shop for five years!

75gmck25 03-07-2013 04:52 PM

It depends on the design of the pulley. Most of the pulley removal sets from HF or an auto parts store have a variety of pullers for different types of pulleys, so they cost a little more. However, if all you want to do is remove a pressed on GM pulley from the 70's and 80's, you can also use this type of puller Performance Tool W80653 1 or 2 Groove Pulley Puller .


cobalt327 03-08-2013 03:59 PM

I have a relatively cheap OTC puller, works fine. You can borrow one from many parts stores by leaving a refundable deposit if this is a one-time deal.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.