Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - power window will not go up
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:22 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: Motor - vator
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielC
I just had to replace a front door on my Aerostar. The junkyard door I picked up would not move the window all the way. When going down sometimes the window would hang up, and twist slightly, jamming it in the tracks.

I sprayed the tracks with a silicone spray lubricant, and that helped a little. I then reached inside the door, and pulled the front track aft, and the rear track forward, and removed the extra space that allowed the window to twist.

I also put a little bit of fresh grease on the window regulator, and even took the motor apart, and worked some new fresh grease into the gears of the motor.
That was a good idea. Most window motors have a circuit breaker in them and it can make the motor quit from being operated while the window is dragging say from dried out grease or a twisted channel. The motor draws to much current while dragging and the circuit breaker heats up and the circuit opens to protect the motor from damage.
I know that you know , Dan C , I have read some of your posts and I am sure you know( ) I was only making mention for the posting party.