Powercraft Steering and Brakes in Vista Ca. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 11:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Powercraft Steering and Brakes

A correction is needed for Andrew Gonzalez's address. It is: 22291 Walnut St., Wildomar, CA 92595. The phone numbers are correct and so are the remarks about Andrew being dishonest and a liar. He must be making good money from his scams as he is driving around in a late model yellow Hummer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 PM

Can you please give us some information on the following:

Is this the case you filed

Docket # TESO36342
Date November 02, 2009
Time 1:30 pm
River Side County

Last edited by recoverysystems; 07-14-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:33 PM

*** NEW INFORMATION RECIEVED ***

As a result of this posting today we were contacted about a possible new PA victim from the 2009 Spring Carlisle Event in PA, we are currently awaiting their faxes to confirm the proof of loss. Once we have this information we will add them to our case file.

*** Other Information obtained Today ***

Currently targeting new victims
Posting ads in automotive services and parts on craigslist

Located Partner

Alexa AKA Favian AKA Hector no last name known at this time

We believe that by asking for the name posted in the ad they know what scam to run on

their victims

Confirmed cell phone
773-322-9996
Naperville, Chicago

Ebay user name "SteeringandBrakes" no longer user has six never received items

Last edited by recoverysystems; 07-15-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Sacred Steel

Last journal entry: The dash
Last photo:

I guess I got lucky. I was able to get my money back through my credit card company. I wonder if he will be at the Fall Carlisle this year. He is easy to spot with a big yellow and black tent.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:26 PM

One of our reps James Farva spoke with Andrew Gonzalez very very early this morning sufficed to say Andrew was not happy, he actually considers himself to be the victim in all this.

Andrew Gonzalez does not under stand that we work around the clock to recover funds and does not like this concept. Andrew Gonzalez later called back the reps assignment location to see if the number was good, thus helping us to confirm his identity and address.

At this point I would have to say if you have ever used a credit card with this company change it now, cancel the card and get a new one, and state the reason.

This will prevent the individual from obtaining a new merchant services account in the future.

If you need to contact Paypal Toll Free Phone: (888) 221-1161

They will be glad to help you, you will need to file a claim and they will walk you through it, so to donít hesitate to do so. We already have some of the claimants doing so because their claims are small and could be clear quickly this way.

Some of the other claims are being assisted with charge backs.

Thanks

Rick Gaskin
Old 07-15-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60tbirdrick
I guess I got lucky. I was able to get my money back through my credit card company. I wonder if he will be at the Fall Carlisle this year. He is easy to spot with a big yellow and black tent.

Thank you it will make it easier for us to spot him and serve him papers
Old 07-15-2009, 04:33 PM

60tbirdrick, I'm glad that you could charge back your purchase with your credit card company but you should get a new card number.

Andrew Gonzalez poses a risk to anyone who does business with him. He provided us with a credit card number to pay for a purchase. The street address and zip code was valid so the card ran, but that's because he used his customer's information. We eventually discovered that the card number he used wasn't his. So once this guy has your information, he can use it in the future for his own purchases. I have no idea how many times he may have done this with other vendors or merchants.

No wonder some company is trying to track down this guy. He seems to be stealing the identities of his customers. The only thing his web site is good for is collecting card numbers and addresses since he doesn't actually ship product to his customers.

These are company names that he has used:

Powercraft Steering and Brake
Powercraft Auto
Alexís Auto Repair and Detailing
Powercraft Auto Lockout Service

These are contact names that he has used: Andy, Alex, EZ, Hector, Favian & Jason Lucia.

He posts ads on Craigslist in different cities using these different company names offering parts for sale as well as auto services.

This industry is filled with terrific enthusiasts and vendors but this guy, Andrew Gonzalez isn't one of them. I will most certainly attend Fall Carlisle if Mr. Gonzalez sets foot again in Pennsylvania. He won't be happy with my appearance.

Our experience as vendors is that we keep very good company and we don't need this scammer setting up at shows with the rest of us, making us look bad. Vendors as well as collectors need to know about this guy and I'll certainly share my knowledge with the many vendors that I know.

At what point will the authorities apprehend this guy?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 AM

I am Andrew Owner of Powercraft Steering and Brakes.

I am posting this in reply to all the messages here. First of all i want to start by leaving my contact info were you can personally call me if you have any questions complaints or concerns. My cell phone is ******* and shop number is ********* my personal email is ****************i have had these numbers for about 10 years.***************************
I want to start by apologizing for the many mistakes that i have made. I have been remanufacturing steering gears and rack & pinions since i got out of high school and for a while everything was perfect. I began going to car shows about 5 years ago and by doing this when i was away at shows my shop was being run by my employees ( some even family ). This last November i had no choice but to fire everyone. because i found out that they were stealing from me and at the same time not taking care of things like the should be. I blame myself for letting this happen and no one else i should have not been that trusting. If during this time you did not receive an item and paid me with a credit card don't worry i have a $10,000 fund there to cover any returns and i assure you that my intentions are not bad. If you paid me with cash and you did not get you items. Call me at i can send you a money order a company check. I am not perfect and i have lied to customers thinking i could make things happen in a timely manner but i learned that lying will not help there is nothing better than the truth and for this i am sorry.

About Ted Lohry he left a post below. I did not try to do him wrong i tried to remanufacture his Rack & pinion on his hot rod 3 times. I went to his house to deliver personally 3 times and i even gave him a FREE rack & pinion for his friend i tried to help but it was one that i could not make happen.

60tbirdrick i remember you personally from carlisle PA. i sold you 1 or 2 new 500 series gears one year ( you are always there Wednesday and one of the first people there ) and the next year you left me a cardboard cut out of your gear mounting pattern steering gear and i was going to get it done for you. The person who does my custom welding did not come threw for me in a timely manner he told me a couple times he could get it done fast and i told you that it was ready. I remember this situation because i made the mistake of telling you it was ready thinking my guy would come threw and it did not happen Sorry for lying to you. But i hope you can understand. I still have that steering gear here at my shop as a sample after it was done you had already charged back your credit card.

I was not at carlisle this spring i could not make it because i had a addition to my family.

Recovery systems you called me at 1 AM thats why i was pissed. either way i gave you all my information and i explained to you what was going on and that i would take care of any situation . But alot of the info you listed below is wrong we are not scamming any one. If you ask Ted he has been to my shop if you ask 60tbird rick he has seen the amount of parts that i take to the shows ( about 500 steering gears and pumps ) You make it seem like im out to steal peoples information well some of the info you have bellow about some auto repair and detail service you better be care full with what you post because i have never heard about them if you want any info call me i will let you know what ever you need. Anyways your customer did not call you his wife did i had already talked to him thats why you did not know all the facts at 1 am . If you have any decensy you will also list that on you page

Well if any one has any questions call me or email i will get back to you. It might take me a little bit because im a little shorthanded right now but i will get to it asap.

I also want to make things right with anyone that in anyway was affected by my situation if you did not receive your parts and received a full refund i will let you have a steering gear and or power steering pump at no cost to compensate your troubles regardless of when this happened.

I Know that i made many mistakes and might have overlooked some issues. But i am here to resolve anything thanks for reading.

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 04-07-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Interesting, very interesting!

Brian
Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 AM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Got no dog in this fight. Even so, there's no good excuse for taking so long to come clean. But at least the cards seem to be on the table now.

I hope he's able to follow through and do right by those folks he owes. Better late than never.

Good luck to all concerned.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Sacred Steel

Last journal entry: The dash
Last photo:

[QUOTE=steeringandbrakes]
60tbirdrick i remember you personally from carlisle PA. i sold you 1 or 2 new 500 series gears one year ( you are always there Wednesday and one of the first people there ) and the next year you left me a cardboard cut out of your gear mounting pattern steering gear and i was going to get it done for you. The person who does my custom welding did not come threw for me in a timely manner he told me a couple times he could get it done fast and i told you that it was ready. I remember this situation because i made the mistake of telling you it was ready thinking my guy would come threw and it did not happen Sorry for lying to you. But i hope you can understand. I still have that steering gear here at my shop as a sample after it was done you had already charged back your credit card.

You told me it had been shipped.....Twice! Then gave me a bogus tracking number. Thats more than lying dude.

I also want to make things right with anyone that in anyway was affected by my situation if you did not receive your parts and received a full refund i will let you have a steering gear and or power steering pump at no cost to compensate your troubles regardless of when this happened.

You told me that before. You said you finally have it finished and you would send it out at no cost to make up for the "mistake". Never received it. Wish I still had that email.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Send me your Information to steeringparts@aol.com

I still have that steering gear that i custom made for you. I use it as a sample when i go to shows. If you want it send me your address and ill send it out to you at no cost. I never ment to lie but my machinist i use was aslo lying to me and would tell me it would be ready and i would pick it up thinking i could ship it out and it would not be, anyways that was 3-4 years ago and im still willing to send you the part for FREE just send me your address.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 PM
My 2 cents worth

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Something just doesn't look right here. I'm glad my poles, and tackle boxes are close, this looks down right 'fishy'.

He posts;

"You told me it had been shipped.....Twice! Then gave me a bogus tracking number. Thats more than lying dude." and this "You told me that before. You said you finally have it finished and you would send it out at no cost to make up for the "mistake". Never received it. Wish I still had that email."

Then you post; "If you want it send me your address and ill send it out to you at no cost." and this. "part for FREE just send me your address".
Old 08-23-2009, 03:26 PM

I contacted the California Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) and spoke with Aris Pepes, their representative for Riverside County, California. He spoke with Andrew Gonzalez about my experience with PowerCraft. Andrew told Mr. Pepes that he would refund my money immediately. That was on August 3, 2009 and I still have not received the money. Andrew does nothing but lie to get people off his back. Looks like I'll be seeing Andrew in court, if he shows. It would be a favor to me if he did not show up for the court hearing because I will win by default. Then if Andrew does not pay up within the specified time set by the court, I can file a lien against Andrew and any property he owns. After that, I can take possession of his property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoverysystems
*** NEW INFORMATION RECIEVED ***

As a result of this posting today we were contacted about a possible new PA victim from the 2009 Spring Carlisle Event in PA, we are currently awaiting their faxes to confirm the proof of loss. Once we have this information we will add them to our case file.

*** Other Information obtained Today ***

Currently targeting new victims
Posting ads in automotive services and parts on craigslist

Located Partner

Alexa AKA Favian AKA Hector no last name known at this time

We believe that by asking for the name posted in the ad they know what scam to run on

their victims

Confirmed cell phone
773-322-9996
Naperville, Chicago

Ebay user name "SteeringandBrakes" no longer user has six never received items
Old 08-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

A quick look through the BAR licenses in Wildomar Ca showed no registered business with any similarity to the steeringandbrake company.

search the database yourself if you'd like.

http://www.bar.ca.gov/70_SiteWideInf...fyLicense.html

IIRC, the BAR does not use the court system for customer complaints, and regulates it's licensees by fining them and or revoking their licenses for not adhering to standardized business practices..

It is a criminal offense to do certain automotive services without a license, selling parts over the internet is not one of those services that require a BAR license, so the BAR may not have any jurisdiction over this guy.

If he has a shop where he performs automotive related rebuilding, installation or repair for the general public, he needs a BAR license...if all he does is resell parts that he scrounges or repackages then all he needs is business license and resale certificate to do business in California..

You will be waiting a long time for the BAR to help you directly. Your best bet is to take the guy to small claims court, if the dollar amount you spent with the guy meets the minimum amount.

I hold a current B.A.R. ARD license.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 08-23-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.