Powercraft Steering and Brakes in Vista Ca. - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 04:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Like I said, Andrew has no business sense at all. I see from reading what others have to say about him on here, he travels around the country to car shows ripping off unsuspecting customers. He probably thinks someone at the Carlisle show is so far away he can get away with it. I live too close to him unless he has skipped back to Mexico. I would advise anyone doing business with Powercraft Steering & Brakes to beware and use a credit card for any transactions if you do decide to deal with Andrew Gonzalez. At least you have some recourse.
He works from his home and there are parts all over his yard. It may be a good time to contact the EPA about the oil leaking from the pumps and steering racks he has dumped on his property.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lohry
It seems Andrew has no business sense at all. I had a repair business of my own before retiring and once in awhile I had to eat it, but never once did I ever act like this guy is acting. I suspect he is either on drugs or has a mental defect. All I ever wanted from him was a rack and pinion that worked. He could not provide one, so I felt I should get a refund. He has caused a lot of problems for himself by acting the way he has. His reputation is so bad in the San Diego area that he has to go further away to do business.
Even his commercial customers have stopped doing business with him.
You dont have to lie Ted. I did not call you and leave you any messege, I am not a Gang Member. I dont know what you think you can do by lying. If you will just call me ************ we can solve anything. If you keep lying will have no choice but to take legal action againts you. By the way i am not crazy and not on drugs. Why do you say those things? What is wrong with you.!

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 04-07-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod roddy
WOW threats?
Class action perhaps?
So all you do now is wait for a check for roughly $400 and that's it?
All this for what could have been solved with $185.00
(shaking head)
Its not about the Money its principle. Id rather waste twice as much on a lawyer to prove a point. And whats with the lies about threats what is wrong with all of you!! Once again call me if you have any questions **********I

Last edited by powerrodsmike; 04-07-2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Violation of guidelines. Please see: general board guidelines.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM

Hey....All of a sudden Andrew has principles!! If he had principles he would have refunded my money right away when he could not rebuild the steering for my car. I think 3 different racks and 4 different tries is more than enough to prove he could not make one work. He just stated he would rather fight the refund than to refund my money. Goes to prove he is not a businessman. As for paying an attorney if I don't stop writing about him, how come he has money for that but can't afford to settle the matter and be done with it. To all reading this.....BEWARE of Powercraft and Andrew Gonzalez. Read all the posts concerning him and see for yourself what others have to say.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:14 AM

One more thing............I had a rack & pinion for my Mustang rebuilt by Powercraft several years ago and am still driving the car with that same unit and have no problems. At that time Andrew's dad owned the company and the service was great and reasonable. That is why I hunted him down to rebuild the one for my street rod. Even though his price was higher than what I could have purchased a unit elsewhere, I wanted them to do it. After I gave up on Andrew I went to WABCO in San Marcos, CA and ordered a rebuilt rack for a price of $135.00 compared to Andrew's price of $185.00. I picked up the rack the following day, installed it that afternoon and it works great. If anyone is in need of steering parts contact: WABCO at (760)735-5252. By the way, WABCO used to do business with Powercraft, but gave up on him once he became undependable. Same goes for Turn Key Engines in Oceanside, CA. I referred them to WABCO.

Last edited by Ted Lohry; 04-07-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Hey....All of a sudden Andrew has principles!! If he had principles he would have refunded my money right away when he could not rebuild the steering for my car. I think 3 different racks and 4 different tries is more than enough to prove he could not make one work. He just stated he would rather fight the refund than to refund my money. Goes to prove he is not a businessman. As for paying an attorney if I don't stop writing about him, how come he has money for that but can't afford to settle the matter and be done with it. To all reading this.....BEWARE of Powercraft and Andrew Gonzalez. Read all the posts concerning him and see for yourself what others have to say.
Yes i rebuilt your rack 3 times becouse you could not install it properly you were using a Chevy pump with a mustang 2 rack. You blew the seals on your rack becouse there was too much pressure on your pump. i told you about this and i believe you changed the pump. Anyways not only did i rebuilt the rack 3 times i also personally delivered the parts for you at your house. I tried to solve this.Have you forgot that i gave you a part for Free a rack & pinion for your friend. Your are really something else. I never said i did not have money its just sometimes there are people like you who try to take advantage. By the way some of the post are true, But not yours.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
One more thing............I had a rack & pinion for my Mustang rebuilt by Powercraft several years ago and am still driving the car with that same unit and have no problems. At that time Andrew's dad owned the company and the service was great and reasonable. That is why I hunted him down to rebuild the one for my street rod. Even though his price was higher than what I could have purchased a unit elsewhere, I wanted them to do it. After I gave up on Andrew I went to WABCO in San Marcos, CA and ordered a rebuilt rack for a price of $135.00 compared to Andrew's price of $185.00. I picked up the rack the following day, installed it that afternoon and it works great. If anyone is in need of steering parts contact: WABCO at (760)735-5252. By the way, WABCO used to do business with Powercraft, but gave up on him once he became undependable. Same goes for Turn Key Engines in Oceanside, CA. I referred them to WABCO.
Were do you get your information. Make sure its true before you post.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:47 PM

I did not improperly install the rack in my car. If the pump was putting out too much pressure, then why did it not blow the previous rack that had been in the car for over twelve years? The pump I have has the pressure reducing kit in it. I even took Andrew's advice and bought another pump with a new kit installed and still had problems. I drove my car from California to Louisville, KY in 2003 with no problems. The rack I now have in my car is using the same power steering pump that has been in the car since I purchased it over ten years ago. Hmmm, wonder why the seals have not blown in this rack. Andrew charged me a $10.00 fee for shipping and never did ship the unit because he told me he would be in the area and would drop it off. Of course he never showed up as promised. After many calls to him, he finally came to my home with the rack, leaving it at my front door after midnight. As for the FREE rack, Andrew exchanged it with one he was to have rebuilt and charged me $50.00 for the parts. When my friend installed it, oil leaked from the pinion seal, same as with mine. He said he would just get another unit somewhere else. The replacement he purchased works great.

The information I have posted is true as far as I know. I am only repeating what I have been told by others he has dealt with. When I told WABCO that I had Andrew rebuild my rack several times, they told me he was unreliable and to avoid doing business with him. Of course that was after the fact. Turn Key Engines stated Andrew owes them several pumps, but has not delivered them. They stated they have not seen or heard from Andrew since October 2009. Anyone can contact Turn Key Engines at (760)941-2741 and ask what they know about Powercraft Steering & Brakes. I already posted information for WABCO.

If Andrew knew he was right, then why did he neglect going to court to fight the case? Why did he fail to appear for the Order of Examination? I believe he has proven to all on this bulletin board how he operates.

And yes, I did receive a threatening phone call from someone that sounds like Andrew.

I have a log of all transactions with Andrew as well as receipts to back up all I have written. Anyone needing further information, please leave a note here and I will be happy to supply anything I have regarding Powercraft.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

steeringandbrakes- I edited your posts because you posted your business contact information. Per our guidelines, no person affiliated with a business may post contact any contact info for that business. You can find these guidelines here: http://www.hotrodders.com/help/board/business.html

We have no problem with you coming here to state your side of the story. In fact, we welcome you to do so, as long as the discussion stays civil.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a B.A.R. license? If you are a rebuilder selling automotive parts to the general public here in California, you do need one.

Later, mikey

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 04-07-2010, 08:00 PM

Yes anyone call Turn key I have been doing business with them for over 10 years. Like in any business there's been issues at times but all resolved with both partys happy. Even you Ted call turn key. Ask Paul and he can tell you that I actually have 12 pumps of mine there that i have not even billed them for.
Once again get your info correct. And about wabco I never dealt with the San Marcos location just the El cajon store and that's 5 years ago. But they never had an actuall account with me but they would buy parts from me at times. So I don't know who you talked too but a name would be nice so I can call and find out myself. But unlike you I do not like to bother any one at there place of business over bull****. I've decided to pay your $400 for the $185 you paid for the rack .I'll be at your house Monday. You know that I tried to resolve this for you at the time this happened o and by the way I gave you a pump seal kit for the shipping money. I guess is my fault I should have not let this situation get this far I should have gave you the money. The reason I did not was your attitude! about all this. and I had spent so much time and money already. Well. See you Monday send me your phone so I can talk to you
Old 04-07-2010, 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=powerrodsmike]steeringandbrakes- I edited your posts because you posted your business contact information. Per our guidelines, no person affiliated with a business may post contact any contact info for that business. You can find these guidelines here: http://www.hotrodders.com/help/board/business.html

We have no problem with you coming here to state your side of the story. In fact, we welcome you to do so, as long as the discussion stays civil.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a B.A.R. license? If you are a rebuilder selling automotive parts to the general public here in California, you do need one.

Later, mikey[/QUOTE

Mikey well my phone is listed on more than this post but all of this blog. IF I don't work on cars I'm not required to have the bar licence I already had the bar show up at my shop. And since I don't work on actuall vehicles I am not required to have one. I do have a sellers permit and business licence. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 AM

I am going to remain silent until after Monday. Since Andrew stated he would bring the refund to my house on Monday, I do not want to make him anymore upset than he already is right now. If he does show with the cash, I will post it here and also send a release form to the court so that the bench warrant is lifted. I am truely sorry all this has gone as far as it has, but fair is fair. I am a seventy year old man and would prefer to live peacefully instead of having to deal with problems.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 PM

Well, it is Monday, April 12, 2010. I talked with Andrew at 10:05am today and he told me he would be at my house between 5:30 and 6:00pm this evening with the refund. It is now 8:35pm and he has not been here yet. Looks like another one of his lies. He has the nerve to call me a liar even after telling everyone on this bulletin board he was going to pay up. Now you can see what I have been dealing with all this time. A lot of promises to me, just as with anyone else that has dealt with him. All I can say is if you need steering or brake parts, find a reputable company to deal with. His lies will catch up with him one of these days. I have been truthfull in all my posts to this site and will continue to keep everyone posted as to what is happening with this problem. If Andrew does reply to this post, he will undoubtably have some excuse why he didn't show up or why he didn't call me saying he could not make it. Buyers beware!!! This will happen to you too if you deal with him.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Sacred Steel

Last journal entry: The dash
Last photo:

Andrew......Is here anything you would like to share with the class?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Today is Tuesday, April 13, 2010 at 12:10pm. Still no contact with Andrew. I doubt he will reply because there is nothing he can say now that would make him look better. He has proven himself once again. When I called him yesterday he did not answer, so I left a message asking if he intended to come to my home. He returned the call a few minutes later and told me he would be here. He promised! I figured if he bothered to return the call he was serious about refunding the money. Lies, lies, lies. When will he grow up.
Come on Andrew I want to hear what you have to say now.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.