Powercraft Steering and Brakes in Vista Ca. - Page 6 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

You might want to call these guys. http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/80_BARR...omplaints.html
You are a California resident, and you were sold a rebuilt part by a California based company that I believe needs to be registered with the BAR...They do get peoples money back in cases like this, that are not easily resolved.

Andrew said he does not need to be registered, I'd be curious to see what the B.A.R. says about it.

Machine shops and rebuilders who sell wholesale to distributors are exempt, companies who sell direct to the public (retail), are usually regulated...

It's worth a phone call. This thread has been going on for ages, with no resolution, and it looks like this is not an isolated case.

Later, mikey

Advertisement

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I talked with the B.A.R. today and they said Andrew is working in a gray area. It depends on what percentage of wholesale to retail business he does. After explaining my problem, the guy I spoke with said the B.A.R. might want to look at his records to determine the percentages of his customers. I said he does a lot of retail sales over the Internet and at car shows. Looks like Andrew may get a visit again. I was told it sounds like Andrew is walking a very fine line and seems to know how far he can go before stepping over that line. I also asked what would happen if one of his so-called rebuilds failed while someone was driving a car and caused an accident. Andrew would be liable for any damages or injuries. This guy is not only a cheat, but also doesn't give a d**n about the safety of his customers and others on the road. I am going to continue to find his customers and let them know how he operates. There are other bulletin boards dealing with parts suppliers and rebuilders that I am going to locate and post on. He will wish he had paid what he owes me and never allowed this to get as far as it has.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:31 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerrodsmike
You might want to call these guys. http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/80_BARR...omplaints.html
You are a California resident, and you were sold a rebuilt part by a California based company that I believe needs to be registered with the BAR...They do get peoples money back in cases like this, that are not easily resolved.

Andrew said he does not need to be registered, I'd be curious to see what the B.A.R. says about it.
Seems like very sound advice to me. The incredulous part of all this IMHO is that it's all over less than $200!!!

I cannot for the life of me see how anyone could justify risking a "business" and one's own FREEDOM over that amount of cash- principals be damned. (Ever heard of the concept that the 'customer is always right'?)

A real businessman knows that things are not always going to go the way one wants, it's a part of the cost of doing business for cripes sake! The sane thing to do, is to either give the customer the promised value for his money, or refund the money if that cannot (for whatever reason) be accomplished.

Does this mean that you have to be a punching bag for every disgruntled customer? Of course not! But there are times when you have to concede the issue, cut your freaking losses and move on!

BUT if you promise something, you HAVE to deliver on that promise, of forfeit your reputation- it's as simple as that.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:48 PM

I am pressing this issue, not only for myself, but for anyone else that has been ripped off by Andrew. The money is not going to change my life any, but the matter of principle is what keeps me on his case. I will not let up until after he concedes. I am retired and have plenty of time to make his life miserable. Look at how he treats his customers. Lies, poor workmanship, excuses and no work ethics. I often wonder if his father knows what he is doing to the business, since it was so well run and liked before Andrew took over.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:41 PM

WOW!
So now what happens?
You just sit and wait for him to send you $$? Court handles it from here?
Are you going to look for him at a show?
Quite the reality show if you ask me...
Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 PM

I talked to an attorney this afternoon. She looked over all my information and told me I had a good case against Andrew for fraud. I asked about her fees and she said if what I have is all correct, Andrew will end up paying all my costs as well as money for all my aggravation and travel expenses back and forth to Temecula once we win. So, it looks like Andrew will get his wishes. He stated he would rather pay more money to an attorney than what he owes me to prove a point. I guess if you can afford to be an a**hole, then let's see how it goes.
Andrew.....get out your checkbook!!! Will keep you all posted as things move along. And this guy thinks he is a businessman.
Oh, I also posted on WebRodder Forum and have already had a couple of replies so far.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 PM

links for webrodder?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:22 PM

webrodder.com is another forum on car stuff. My post is under new forums near the bottom of the page.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 AM

Today's update. I contacted the Better Business Bureau. They have complaints about Powercraft and Andrew does not respond to them. I also filed a complaint with the California Attorney General's office in Sacramento.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:00 PM

and still no call or anything from him?
so much for coming on here and trying to debate everything....
Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 PM

Not a word from Andrew. He knows he is wrong and is afraid he makes himself look worse every time he posts. He has let everyone know what kind of businessman he is, or should I say lack of being a business person. I have been working on this and have talked to the Riverside sheriff's department and the district attorney's office. The sheriff's department is going to look into his business and if there is enough evidence, they will press charges for fraud and false use of customers credit cards. I have given them a copy of all the posts on Hot Rodders Bulletin Board. They may want to contact anyone on here that has been ripped of by Andrew. Also have an attorney helping to guide me. It doesn't matter to me because every bit of money I spend is added to his amount owed. His judgment is growing everyday and as I posted before, I WILL get my money from him. I am making up flyers with copies of the court judgment included to hand out at any car shows I attend. He could have saved himself a lot of money, but he must have $$$ to throw away. Sometimes smart a**es think they can get away with whatever they want, but usually it all comes back to them.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM

Updates?.............
Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 PM

Update: My attorney is working on getting all the facts before she will start any legal proceedings.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:47 PM

Has anyone else had their probs solved? or you're the only one left out?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 PM

Have not heard of anyone on here that has been satisfied. Do know one person in the area that caught Andrew at the Pomona swap meet and did get his money. It was a either pay up or get the s**t knocked out of you situation. His day is coming and it will cost him a lot more than the $185.00 he could have settled for when this all began.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.