Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Suspension - Brakes - Steering (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/suspension-brakes-steering/)
-   -   Powercraft Steering and Brakes in Vista Ca. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/powercraft-steering-brakes-vista-ca-121246.html)

60tbirdrick 07-31-2007 09:24 AM

Powercraft Steering and Brakes in Vista Ca.

Anyone ever deal with these guys? Iím just trying to see if Iím getting jerked around. I met up with Andrew (I guess he is the go to guy there) at the Spring Carlisle and he told me he would build me a steering box for my Tbird and he should get it out to me in two to three weeks. Well, itís been over three months and he supposedly sent it out twice. Once back in June that he claims must have gotten lost because he canít seem to locate it and the second about a week and a half ago. After several calls he finally gave me a tracking number. I went to the UPS site to track my package but the tracking number comes up as invalid. I called him back and he claims it works for him and I should receive it on Wednesday (tomorrow). I donít mind that it took so long :drunk: but I donít have a good feeling about it coming in tomorrow. :pain:

Has anybody ever dealt with this company and is Andrew a trustworthy guy?

pcatgcp 10-23-2007 07:26 AM

Powercraft Steering and Brakes

If you have a phone number that works you are lucky. I talked ti this guy at Carlisle fall 2007 and got his card after he showed up three hours late to the show. He had people waiting for him to spend money, his stuff looks good and was reasonably priced, if he had it there. I have tried the number he gave me (1-760-806-9497) to no avail. It appears the website is no longer up and running either. If you do get a chance to respond please send his phone number to me. I get the feeling this is a fly by night operation as I can't seem to find any info about the company.

60tbirdrick 10-23-2007 05:39 PM

I wouldn't waste my time with him (Andrew) :evil: He lies through his teeth. after months of waiting for my steering box and talking to him several times over the phone, he told me twice that it had been sent. Never got it. I went to his stand at the Fall Carlisle and asked him what was up (I ordered this box at the spring carlisle in April). He said he couldn't get the bracket right. I said to him, "you told me that you sent it out twice and now you say you couldn't get the brackets right!" He just shrugged his shoulders. :nono: I said screw you and left. I called my credit card company and they took my money from his account and put it back in mine. He had 45 days to refute it and he never did. I'm glad it didn't work out though because I am using a much better steering box now. :thumbup:

Oh Yea, that is the correct number but you should look somewhere else for what you need.

pcatgcp 10-25-2007 08:25 AM

Thanks for the info

Well that kills that thought. What is the name of the company you got your new stuff from, maybe they can help me also. If not I'm going to have to build it myself.

60tbirdrick 10-25-2007 02:03 PM

I am using a power steering box from Classic Performance Products made for the 55-57 Chevy since the sector shaft is the same length and I can get it to mount in the proper position. I had to do a lot of modifications to get it to fit but it will be worth it. No one except Gearheads Cruiser Products makes a steering box for my application and I won't use them again. My project journal explains how I used this box. Check it out.

grandpaws 57 10-25-2007 10:00 PM

at last

glad you are making progress toward p/s

Meeker 10-01-2008 03:16 PM

Here is another sucker.. I bought and paid for at tri five steering box convert at the Hot August Night show this year. "Free shipping" Here it is 2months later and I had trouble getting him on the phone. When I did got some BS story that must be lost in shippment and would ship out another kit ASAP
Another two weeks and no parts. Wish I had looked up all this bad stuff reported by you guys.. Will try the credit card return thing.
Stay away from this guy !!

60tbirdrick 10-06-2008 06:00 AM

You nprobably won't see it. I hope you paid with a credit card. If you did, call them and get your money back. If you paid him cash, you're screwed. :nono:

Ted Lohry 06-17-2009 07:26 PM

PowerCraft Steering & Brakes

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60tbirdrick
Anyone ever deal with these guys? Iím just trying to see if Iím getting jerked around. I met up with Andrew (I guess he is the go to guy there) at the Spring Carlisle and he told me he would build me a steering box for my Tbird and he should get it out to me in two to three weeks. Well, itís been over three months and he supposedly sent it out twice. Once back in June that he claims must have gotten lost because he canít seem to locate it and the second about a week and a half ago. After several calls he finally gave me a tracking number. I went to the UPS site to track my package but the tracking number comes up as invalid. I called him back and he claims it works for him and I should receive it on Wednesday (tomorrow). I donít mind that it took so long :drunk: but I donít have a good feeling about it coming in tomorrow. :pain:

Has anybody ever dealt with this company and is Andrew a trustworthy guy?

I have dealt with Andrew and he did right by me.

60tbirdrick 06-18-2009 04:10 AM

You should have paid more attention to my post #3.
Did you pay him cash? Sorry you got screwed. Even if you do get your rack, it will probably not be right.

MARTINSR 06-18-2009 07:39 AM

It really isn't that hard to make money in business. Just give a decent product with decent service. We see it all the time, companies that have been around for years with simply a "decent" product, nothing special, just decent service and a decent product.

When you can't even pull that off, you are a sad sack.

And a "service" type business, that is the easiest to make money for the lamo, no stocking a million dollars in product. Just do something decent for someone in a with decent service.

What a moron this Andrew is.

Brian

Ted Lohry 06-30-2009 09:58 PM

In a previous post I stated that I had a lot of problems with Andrew Gonzalez at Powercraft Steering and Brakes and that he owed me money. Andrew contacted me and said if I removed my post he would give me a refund. I changed my post to read he treated me right in order to receive the money, but as always, Andrew lied about giving me the money back and has refused to deal with me. I filed a small claims action against Andrew and had him served on June 30, 2009. Now he owes me court costs and the cost of having him served on top of the original amount. The guy just doesn't know when he is better off. DO NOT have any dealings with Andrew Gonzalez or Powercraft Steering and Brakes in Wildomar California. He will tell you what you want to hear, but never delivers.

recoverysystems 07-14-2009 04:53 PM

We are currently seeking any and all information leading to the arrest conviction and recovery of all funds taken by Andy Gonzalez

Powercraft Steering and Brakes. This is his web site: http://www.steeringandbrakes.com/

His address is 2221 Walnut Street, Wildomar, CA 92595.

Phone numbers include:
Order Line: 760-806-9497
Tech Line: 760-842-2444
24 Hr. Fax: 951-245-5679

ORDER LINE:951-245-5679
TECH HELP:951-852-1234
24 HOUR FAX:951-245-5288

Warning this person uses his victims credit cards to pay his vendors this constitutes credit card fraud.

If this has happened to you we need to know your name and phone number.

Do not post it here please send us an Pm

We are building a website with all this person information to be used by all states involved in tracking this person down. The parties involved are paying to skip trace this person and any help in the information collection process would be appreciated.

Do not send any money to this person charge back all transactions at once as you will not get your products from this company.

Any further transactions will only result in further losses

454 Rattler 07-14-2009 06:27 PM

I just happened to read this thread. Looks like a bad situation.

Did anyone write a review about this company? Go to "Company Reviews" right here on HR.com.

It could be quite helpful to some of the rest of us.

454 RATTLER

MARTINSR 07-14-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recoverysystems
We are currently seeking any and all information leading to the arrest conviction and recovery of all funds taken by Andy Gonzalez

Powercraft Steering and Brakes. This is his web site: http://www.steeringandbrakes.com/

His address is 2221 Walnut Street, Wildomar, CA 92595.

Phone numbers include:
Order Line: 760-806-9497
Tech Line: 760-842-2444
24 Hr. Fax: 951-245-5679

ORDER LINE:951-245-5679
TECH HELP:951-852-1234
24 HOUR FAX:951-245-5288

Warning this person uses his victims credit cards to pay his vendors this constitutes credit card fraud.

If this has happened to you we need to know your name and phone number.

Do not post it here please send us an Pm

We are building a website with all this person information to be used by all states involved in tracking this person down. The parties involved are paying to skip trace this person and any help in the information collection process would be appreciated.

Do not send any money to this person charge back all transactions at once as you will not get your products from this company.

Any further transactions will only result in further losses

MODERATOR, if you want to do your job, you will LEAVE THIS POST ALONE! DO NOT delete or edit because of advertising!

To all others, if this post gets edited do to the no advertising rule PM or google recoverysystems to get in touch with them.

Brian