Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Powerglide and cam combo (Street-strip)
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolrider View Post
Thank you for your advice. I am going to speak about it to my friend mechanic. You helps me in my plan and, also, thanks a lot to techinspector1. I chose the 283THR7 Tumpr cam. So... with that setup, i should be satisfied. Thanks once again to all of you with your great knowledge.

Harold.
Comp claims "...stock converter ok, best with 2000+ converter and gears...". I'd recommend at least 2500 stall and 3000 rpm stall would be even better if acceleration is important. The 2500 stall speed TC should be enough to keep it from pulling through the brakes at a stop sign.

Also, the distributor will need work to get enough initial timing w/o having too much mechanical timing. A stock distributor is just a starting point. Even an MSD distributor w/the black 18 degree advance bushing might not be enough. It's no big deal setting the distributor up, but it IS something that you'll definitely have to deal with before you're done.